Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED headlights or Light Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED headlights or Light Bar?

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and just recently bought a 2016 XLT special edition. I am wanting to either get some LED headlights or a LED light bar. Can't decide which one. Was seeing if anyone had any information on where to buy LED headlights or the prices on them. Any advice or answers would be great!

Old 05-16-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

OEM LED headlights will set you back over $1500 when all said and done. Have you considered retrofitting the stock lights? Could save you a few bucks while still giving you great light output. Maybe even better than the OEM LED's.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get the OEM LED headlights. Cleaner look.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Cowboy of the Skies

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

Nice truck....congrats ☺

I personally like leaving my headlights alone, and adding additional driving lights.
Some new lights can be small and mighty bright to.
So if you are not concerned about losing your fogs, consider replacement driving lights that fit there.
Not hard to wire them to a trigger relay either, so they turn on and off with your high beams.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

You can check out my site. I'm a 2015 owner myself and spend most of my time dedicated to this community.

I sell a really nice LED Headlight system that rivals the OEM system, and at a fraction of the cost. I wanted OEM myself but $1,650 is a lot to drop on it.

I ended up doing LED Headlights, LED Fog lights on my truck AND LED light bars. I don't have a use for the LED light bars but they look cool (and they do light up the road when I need to).

PM me if you need assistance or just stop on by my site. I have an area dedicated to the Ford vehicles (bottom left of the site)

This is my truck with the LED headlights (these are not like other LED lights on the market, they are the best available so far for aftermarket plug and play lights)

The following users liked this post:
WestsydeGuy (05-16-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 548 Likes on 427 Posts

I'm with M3OT. Retrofitting is a much better idea, and will net you better night time driving than either. PnP's will blind, scatter, and have worse output due to being put in a lens that can't properly focus it. Get some FX-R's for them things. You'll love them 100%.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:46 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
You can check out my site. I'm a 2015 owner myself and spend most of my time dedicated to this community. I sell a really nice LED Headlight system that rivals the OEM system, and at a fraction of the cost. I wanted OEM myself but $1,650 is a lot to drop on it. I ended up doing LED Headlights, LED Fog lights on my truck AND LED light bars. I don't have a use for the LED light bars but they look cool (and they do light up the road when I need to). PM me if you need assistance or just stop on by my site. I have an area dedicated to the Ford vehicles (bottom left of the site) This is my truck with the LED headlights (these are not like other LED lights on the market, they are the best available so far for aftermarket plug and play lights)
Shocker, another LED headlight thread and another push for sales.
connorfx4 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Banned

You bet Res4cue... wherever there is LED light... I'll be there. Letting people know about the great deals/awesome customer service and the many many happy customers I have. The guy asked about LEDs and Light bars, who better to respond to this thread

03f15012 - The PNP kits I sell don't blind people or scatter light. There's a guy over at F150online.com who, like you, was REALLY against LED headlights in the regular halogen housings... back/forth he went against me when finally he bought a pair and then started telling people how great the lights are and how.. they DO NOT blind people... you should go check out his post... it might change your mind about the latest LED kits on the market
FRFJIMBO (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
You bet Res4cue... wherever there is LED light... I'll be there. Letting people know about the great deals/awesome customer service and the many many happy customers I have. The guy asked about LEDs and Light bars, who better to respond to this thread 03f15012 - The PNP kits I sell don't blind people or scatter light. There's a guy over at F150online.com who, like you, was REALLY against LED headlights in the regular halogen housings... back/forth he went against me when finally he bought a pair and then started telling people how great the lights are and how.. they DO NOT blind people... you should go check out his post... it might change your mind about the latest LED kits on the market
I agree with you posting about your experiences as you like I have experience with them but I believe you cross the line pushing your products like its the new crack!

We all SEE your screen name and if we want to inquire about products you sell we will look you up. You should be keeping the sales pitch stuff on the vendor page where it belongs as forum rules dictate.

Every time I see your posts in these threads I reminds me of this..... Watch the full clip!

Old 05-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Banned

Actually vendors are allowed to partake in all posts they feel they want to. As long as we're not posting direct links to our product, pricing, etc... we're good to go. And my response to the OP's topic is right on point. I didn't go off topic at all, so i'm well within my rules and in fact, a lot of people value my input

But once again thank you for hijacking yet another thread. You sire, are A-OK

Quick Reply: LED headlights or Light Bar?