Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED Fog Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Live from Utah's Desert

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LED Fog Light Question

I am considering putting the Putco LED bulbs in my stock housing. Do LED bulbs pick up the reflective pigment in the stripes on the road as well as signs like HID's do? I'm a big fan of HID's in that for me, I can see the road and signs better in foul weather (especially rain) and at night.

I can't afford to do a headlamp retrofit or buy a quality housing at this time--hence thinking of doing the LED fogs to start. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

I have LED fogs and they outdo the HID's I've had in previous european cars. At night, the highway signs light up like torches. I have halogen head lights but the LED fogs are really amazing
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KILOFINAL
I have LED fogs and they outdo the HID's I've had in previous european cars. At night, the highway signs light up like torches. I have halogen head lights but the LED fogs are really amazing
What kind of LED fogs? Any picures?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 PM
LONE STAR

The led fogs I have were made by bilinivic. I have a thread in the Lighting section where you can see before and after pictures. The name of the thread is "stock fogs vs. bilinvic LED fogs.

The foglights have a projector lens and are made with FoMoCo parts. They are very bright.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Live from Utah's Desert

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

KiloFinal-
I see you have a "projector" style fog lamp. I wonder how the LED fog will do in the stock housing?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
LONE STAR

Originally Posted by My2013STX
KiloFinal-
I see you have a "projector" style fog lamp. I wonder how the LED fog will do in the stock housing?
The projector fogs are incorporated into the OEM fog light housing. That's the reason I went with bilinvic fog lights. I didn't want something that looked like cheap aftermarket crap. He uses OEM parts and it was simply PNP. The outer lens which protects the LED light is also a FoMoCo part.

Last edited by KILOFINAL; 05-11-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: LED Fog Light Question