Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED Fog Lamps to match OEM HID color tone

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking for some LED replacement bulbs for my fogs to match the color tone of the factory HID headlamps. The cool color of the HIDs with the warm color of the dogs just looks off visually. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out HOEN fog light bulbs. About as close as you're gonna get for OEM HID match. Love mine!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chon
Check out HOEN fog light bulbs. About as close as you're gonna get for OEM HID match. Love mine!
Those look decent but are they LED? They look like incandescent bulbs with blue glass.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:15 AM

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by pw1981
I'm looking for some LED replacement bulbs for my fogs to match the color tone of the factory HID headlamps. The cool color of the HIDs with the warm color of the dogs just looks off visually. Thanks!
I replaced mine with the JW Speaker fogs. I ordered them from TRS. You can also take a look at the Morimoto Fogs. They are both full replacements for the entire housing and are plug-n-play. The JW Speakers are at a higher price point then the Morimotos, though.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:28 PM

I threw some OPT7 LED replacement bulbs in my fogs and they match up very well as far as I can tell. It is a 5000k bulb which is pure white like OEM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Active Duty Navy Chief

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts

I upgraded my factory HID bulbs to the Osram Xenarc CBI Bulbs and they are much WHITER than the stock HID bulbs. They look amazing. They match the LED cubes and lightbar perfectly.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by discodave

I upgraded my factory HID bulbs to the Osram Xenarc CBI Bulbs and they are much WHITER than the stock HID bulbs. They look amazing. They match the LED cubes and lightbar perfectly.
What did you do for your fogs? I love it!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Active Duty Navy Chief

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by RichyJ
What did you do for your fogs? I love it!
Man I posted the wrong pic! The fogs pictured there are the factory ones with orange/amber LED bulbs. Not much light output at all but they looked cool.

I've recently went with an LED cube style light in the factory fog housings. They're not much for FOG but do put out some serious light if you're looking for more on back roads. I only turn these on when other cars aren't around since they're so bright.

Quick Reply: LED Fog Lamps to match OEM HID color tone