Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED COB running lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Master Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LED COB running lights

Hey gang,
I purchased these off of amazon for the purpose of using them for back up lights and possibly DRL on the front of the truck.
They came in today and I hooked them up to a 12V battery I use to test LED's and I got nothing. Yes, of course I switched the wires(lol) still nothing.
Ok, what am I doing. I grabbed the 2nd light and performed the same task. Still nothing.
Ok maybe the battery is dead.... Grabbed a new string of LED strip lights! Bingo, they light up!
So, the question is....what am I doing wrong?
Here are the lights
Amazon.com: 2 pcs Set Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon White Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle: Automotive Amazon.com: 2 pcs Set Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon White Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle: Automotive
Hope somebody can help me out
Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 PM
A guy with a truck...

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not trying to be rude, but you bought $9 Chinese LEDs from Amazon and expected them to work. Cheap items are rarely ever worth the purchase price.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Master Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After the reviews I saw I was hoping they would come on yes!
What am I doing that is incorrect?
Old 11-25-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

They're clearly broken... Send them back and get new ones
Old 01-01-2015, 12:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought those same COB LEDs, 2 for $8. I put one on the back of my ATV above the taillight, it's so bright I could find a contact lens on the ground at night.

Tested it, at 12.7volts they consume 2.65A = 4.8watts each. Huge light for 5 watts, best $8 spent in a long time. They come with a doublestick adhesive strip, you just peel and stick and you're done. Every one I've tested so far works fine but haven't tested them all. Reading your experience I think I will test them all now .

They were SO STINKIN' BRIGHT I bought 4 more sets. Probably going to put them on the bottom of my doors, like the mirror puddle lamps except lighting directly below the door not mostly outside the door and shadowing inside.

Also planning to put one light on the bottom of the rear bumper to light the ground better while reversing at night. I'd like to be able to see my rear tire and the ground in the mirror view.

Also to light inside my canopy when cargo lights are on.

Last edited by Fyaboy; 01-01-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Quick Reply: LED COB running lights