Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Lighting
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up

Looks good. I wanted to do something like this but was thinking under the bed rails. I think it would be a good way to check cargo and straps at night.

Off topic but what bed liner do you have in your truck? It looks nice as well.

EDIT: Thought of another Question. Was the switch already there or did you add it? I am no wiring expert but have done it with the help of wiring diagrams.

Last edited by BuiltFordTough11; 06-07-2012 at 08:15 AM.
BuiltFordTough11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
2011 Lariat Screw EB
 
murf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Posts: 1,253
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 22
Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough11 View Post
Looks good. I wanted to do something like this but was thinking under the bed rails. I think it would be a good way to check cargo and straps at night.

Off topic but what bed liner do you have in your truck? It looks nice as well.

EDIT: Thought of another Question. Was the switch already there or did you add it? I am no wiring expert but have done it with the help of wiring diagrams.
http://www.f150forum.com/f38/led-bedlights-143928/

Here you go, read til your hearts content.
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 96
Thanked 288 Times in 213 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough11 View Post
Looks good. I wanted to do something like this but was thinking under the bed rails. I think it would be a good way to check cargo and straps at night.

Off topic but what bed liner do you have in your truck? It looks nice as well.

EDIT: Thought of another Question. Was the switch already there or did you add it? I am no wiring expert but have done it with the help of wiring diagrams.
Liner is a Line-X, IMO the only way to go.

I put the switch in, very simple. I used an existing power wire that was used for the factory installed cargo light which was a total POS. Wired the switch in to the series of LED's. Its a simple 2 pole waterproof switch. Power in and load out.
__________________
2011 FX4 Luxury SCREW EcoBoost 157" WB Charter member of both the 55 MPH and 5 MPH SHUDDER club
BucketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default That bed extender

I noticed that it appears you have a spray lining and are also using the OEM bed extender. I recently bought an F150 Platinum 2012, and they are saying we can't have both spray lining and install the Ford bed extender.

Am I wrong or did you figure out how to make it work?

Thanks
cdr-f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 96
Thanked 288 Times in 213 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr-f150 View Post
I noticed that it appears you have a spray lining and are also using the OEM bed extender. I recently bought an F150 Platinum 2012, and they are saying we can't have both spray lining and install the Ford bed extender.

Am I wrong or did you figure out how to make it work?

Thanks
Yes, I had a spray in (Line-X) done when my truck was delivered, I also have the OEM extender.

The truck was delivered to the dealer (I custom ordered it) and they took it to Line-X to be sprayed, so I wasnt there when it was done.

I recently removed the extender by removing the 2 large torx head bolts, they were a little stiff, but backed out ok. There was a little bit of build up around the tapped area of the bed so im guessing they removed the extender, installed the torx head bolts, taped them off, then sprayed the liner. There is a tiny bit of liner im going to remove with razor blade around the tapped hole in the bed, but its not a big deal.

The extender works perfectly with the liner. One of the best accessories and something I use ALL the time.

Who is going to spray the liner?
__________________
2011 FX4 Luxury SCREW EcoBoost 157" WB Charter member of both the 55 MPH and 5 MPH SHUDDER club
BucketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,468
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 68 Times in 63 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketMan View Post
Thanks guys, really liking this mod so far.

i dont suppose you have a list of part numbers that you used?

i'm wanting to buy a leer canopy, and do it up like that too
rigrat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 96
Thanked 288 Times in 213 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrat2011 View Post
i dont suppose you have a list of part numbers that you used?

i'm wanting to buy a leer canopy, and do it up like that too
These are the light fixtures:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...SMD.htm#photos

12" cool white: WLF-CW30SMD

24" cool white: WLF-CW60SMD

Mounting clips, I used 2 per light: WLF-MC

Weatherproof rocker switch: WRRS-SP

Everything else I had at home or was already installed: wiring.

Let me know if you need anything else.
__________________
2011 FX4 Luxury SCREW EcoBoost 157" WB Charter member of both the 55 MPH and 5 MPH SHUDDER club
BucketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketMan

Yes, I had a spray in (Line-X) done when my truck was delivered, I also have the OEM extender.

The truck was delivered to the dealer (I custom ordered it) and they took it to Line-X to be sprayed, so I wasnt there when it was done.

I recently removed the extender by removing the 2 large torx head bolts, they were a little stiff, but backed out ok. There was a little bit of build up around the tapped area of the bed so im guessing they removed the extender, installed the torx head bolts, taped them off, then sprayed the liner. There is a tiny bit of liner im going to remove with razor blade around the tapped hole in the bed, but its not a big deal.

The extender works perfectly with the liner. One of the best accessories and something I use ALL the time.

Who is going to spray the liner?

That's great to hear. I already had the lining done, went with linex. I wonder how hard it will be to install the extender after the lining is in. It must be possible but it sounds like I should have read this post first and put the extender in like you did.
cdr-f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Factory Bed Extender installed after spray in liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr-f150 View Post
I noticed that it appears you have a spray lining and are also using the OEM bed extender. I recently bought an F150 Platinum 2012, and they are saying we can't have both spray lining and install the Ford bed extender.

Am I wrong or did you figure out how to make it work?

Thanks
My dealer had no problem at all installing the Ford Bed Extender in my 2012 Platinum after the Spray-in liner was done. I ordered the extender after taking delivery of the truck. It should be no problem. Worst case they may need to work the holes a bit for mounting.
__________________
2012 F-150 Platinum SCREW, 3.55, 5.0V8, 6.5 Box 4x4
Pes949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Fire Mist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketMan View Post
These are the light fixtures:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...SMD.htm#photos

12" cool white: WLF-CW30SMD
24" cool white: WLF-CW60SMD
Mounting clips, I used 2 per light: WLF-MC
Weatherproof rocker switch: WRRS-SP
Sweet! Great job. I've had 3 A.R.E. caps all with carpet lining. I agree, their dinky light stinks. I had Yakima rails installed to recieve the Q Posts.... I just never got around to changing the light now with the new ones.
Now that I see your 'commercial quality' photo of your finished work at night, I'm going to do this too... when I get a cap.

In the original post, you mention your dad always had LEER.
Do you see any difference in quality, is LEER worth it?
Fire Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Mist For This Useful Post:
GTXKen (02-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARE Z Series Cap,Topper, Camper Shell, etc...2011 FX4 BucketMan 2009 - Present Ford F150 19 11-05-2011 11:26 PM
Topper Maxdog77 General F150 Discussion 0 10-17-2011 10:49 AM
topper got to go justinduckman7 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 0 06-03-2010 11:10 PM
topper value? imthe1nonlyD 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 1 01-02-2009 05:48 AM
MPG ? Topper ? or not lasgambler 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 11 06-03-2008 12:25 PM

Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.