Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Kensun 9007 Bi-Xenon HIDs 8k (2003 f150)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Kensun 9007 Bi-Xenon HIDs 8k (2003 f150)

5/3/13 Original Install
Got the package pretty quick, delivered before predicted deliver date. Package was in great condition when opened, all bulbs and ballasts were in there proper cubbies, nothing was DoA (Dead on Arrival). Was pretty easy to install, took a tad bit of ingenuity but got it done nonetheless. The instructions are next to useless, it's almost like a 2nd grader wrote them. It's a good thing there are a lot of youtube videos on installing them though. After the install, i noticed that the high beam and low beam were backwards and it's a common problem because most HID manufacturers sell 9007 & 9004 together. I had to switch around the wires in the harness, which wasnt a big deal, but still, i wish the manufacturer would sell 9007 and 9004 seperate, thats the main reason I am docking one star. After getting everything working and going on a test run, i was disappointed at the amount of light that actually illuminates the roads and road signs, I've had to re-aim my head lights several times just to get them to a point that i am somewhat satisfied with. I had sylvannia zXe bulbs before these HIDs and they did an amazing job of lighting up the road. This really isn't the manufactureres fault as far as I know, HIDs scatter light without a projecter and will blind oncoming cars. Overall, I am not very satisfied with this purchase, however, the product is good and since this review is to rate the product, I will give it 4 stars. I will most likley be upgrading to a projecter retrofit very soon and doing away with these because of their mediocre light output. I would recommend saving a little longer to retrofit to projecters to get better light output and not blind people.. (theretrofitsource.com)Stay tuned for updates on how their preformance does as time goes on, but I don't think they will give me any problems.

Last edited by igotrockstars; 05-03-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: grammer

Quick Reply: Kensun 9007 Bi-Xenon HIDs 8k (2003 f150)