Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

JLM HID help!!!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JLM HID help!!!!!

Installed my HID's today but the harness for the relay has 3 wires but they are not plugged into the connector. There is a blue, white and black wire that have to be plugged into the connector BUT I have no clue whats spots to plug them in. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 84 Likes on 75 Posts

does your switch light up? if so, you can take a 9v battery and touch it to the prongs and flick it on and off. This will let you know your Positive and Neg connections. If the LED in the switch turns on and off when you toggle the switch, you know that you have found the correct prong for neg and hot in.
Neg is usually one of your outside prongs and the remaining 2 are your Hot in and Hot out. Usually, the prong in the middle is the one that goes from your switch to your battery and the remaining outer prong goes from the switch, to your relay or to the lights if there is no relay.
The hot in and hot out connections must be done right or the lights will constantly draw power from your battery and drain it. This is why the 9v battery test is good. When I do this test on my Daystar rocker switch, I know that the middle prong goes to the battery because the LED in the switch turns off when I turn off the switch. If I hooked up the outer prong to the battery, the Daystar LED switch light always stayed on, indicating power was always being used. So, get the connections right.

Last edited by CPT150; 08-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JLM HID help!!!!!