Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Installed Xenon Assembly - Bulb went out

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 03:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Installed Xenon Assembly - Bulb went out

I installed OEM Xenon headlamps in my 2014 yesterday with the Morinoto harness, some "new" OSRAM ballasts from eBay and some cheap Kensun bulbs (came with the purchase). Tonight the LH bulb decided to quit working. I do notice that when I turn the lights on, I hear a clicking noise for about half a second from the LH assembly. I've already checked all the connections and that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Tomorrow I'll try switching the bulbs to see if it is a bulb issue, but is anybody familiar with this sound and the bulb not working? They worked for about 16 hours and now this..

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to HID issues.... They are never ending...
Old 01-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_Lightning
Welcome to HID issues.... They are never ending...
What...?

I've had OEM HID's installed for 2 years without a single issue. Many others have too.

Just go away if all you do is **** on posts.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You will come to find that they will burn out prematurely. In my questioning of the different "retrofitters", I brought this issue up and they all know its an issue.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had bulbs that have ran for 6+ Years. Get some Osram or Philips bulbs, not the cheap ones you have. This should fix your problem.

While you are at it, swap the housings from side to side to confirm the harness is good. I had a v1 morimoto harness go bad and it wouldn't fire the left ballast. The v3 harness fixed it.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Switch the bulb from the working side, that will tell you if it's the bulb or ballast that's bad. The clicking, is it coming from inside the headlight? If so, you need to recheck your wiring or, as suggested above, swap the harness side to side also and see if the problem follows the harness.

02Lighting, although extremely unhelpful with his posts, has a bit of truth behind it. HIDs and projectors have a lot more moving parts than traditional halogen bulbs. Once they're sorted out, they should run for a very long time, problem free, but there is a lot more that can go wrong vs. halogen (just the fact that there are moving parts in the lights should indicate that).

Quick Reply: Installed Xenon Assembly - Bulb went out