Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Installed HID today and passanger wont turn on???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed HID today and passanger wont turn on???

So my ddm tuning hid lights finnaly arrived so I just finished putting them in and i turn on the lights and the passenger one wont turn on? What could this problem be?

I also noticed that the passenger ballast is not buzzing... does that mean its not working?
2007 XLT F150 5.4

Thanks Guys

Last edited by maks630; 12-15-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

That would be correct. Check all your connections
Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys it turns out it was just a bad ground the lights are looking good THANK U DDM
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

this used to happen to me with my DDMTUNING lights. If anyone else is experiencing this.

Sometimes you have to TURN THE LIGHTS ON. Before starting the truck. OR Before moving the truck into DRIVE>

And for some reason, after a few months of doing that - I don't have to worry about switching it on before I start the truck now. Both lights will kick on automatically.

WEIRD RIGHT? No idea why. But thats what worked for me. Sometimes I still turn the lights on when I will be shifting from drive to park frequently, to prevent the HID's from kicking ON and OFF too often, I feel like they are more sensative than regular bulbs - less wear and tear on the ballasts too IMO.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard you shouldn't flash them.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by macaboo
this used to happen to me with my DDMTUNING lights. If anyone else is experiencing this.

Sometimes you have to TURN THE LIGHTS ON. Before starting the truck. OR Before moving the truck into DRIVE>

And for some reason, after a few months of doing that - I don't have to worry about switching it on before I start the truck now. Both lights will kick on automatically.

WEIRD RIGHT? No idea why. But thats what worked for me. Sometimes I still turn the lights on when I will be shifting from drive to park frequently, to prevent the HID's from kicking ON and OFF too often, I feel like they are more sensative than regular bulbs - less wear and tear on the ballasts too IMO.
thats extremely weird! I'm very worried about installing hid bulbs as my dad drives the truck to and he won't think to turn the lights on all the time lol

Quick Reply: Installed HID today and passanger wont turn on???