Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Hyper Turn Signals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:27 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Hyper Turn Signals?

Well I have to admit that I was a bit embarressed that I could not diagnose my fast turn signal problem. A little history first.

I was installing my new Bilingvic headlights and I wanted to add the VLED's at the same time. I never could get the fast turn issue to completely go away on the passenger side. I tried everything from using the VLED supplied fuses to activate the internal resistors to adding my own external resistors in multiple configurations. Still the problem persisted.

I needed to take the truck into the dealer because of a check engine light. I also had them check out the fast signal issue. I did take out the VLED before I took the truck to the dealer. Yes, the fast signal problem was now present even with the regular OEM signal bulbs in place.

Turns out it was the software in the truck causing the issue! I was happy and mad all at the same time. So now I have to be concerned that the S/W in the truck could cause my problems and no way to correct it other than taking it to the dealer.

Do we really need software to be involved with the turn signals? Just my rant for the day.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by MAH
Do we really need software to be involved with the turn signals? Just my rant for the day.
Considering every aspect of our trucks is computer controlled the answer is yes.

There is a way to update it yourself but it involves the purchase of very expensive hardware to interface it, IDS as well as the software license to use it to the tune of $2,200 initially and $700 every year there after. Yes I have it, ex Ford tech and I wanted complete control over my truck.

https://rotunda.service-solutions.com/en-US/Pages/ItemDetail.aspx?itemID=31659&catID=276333

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/vcm_Retail_renewal.asp

Old 01-12-2015, 09:45 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Still wish I had the ability to take the S/W out of the equation when dealing with what used to be a simple problem. Oh well, no easy solutions for me.

Quick Reply: Hyper Turn Signals?