Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

How to put PIAA 510 lights in factory fog holes 06-08

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default How to put PIAA 510 lights in factory fog holes 06-08

hey guys so last week i mounted some piaa 510 driving lights in my factory fog light holes and this is how i did it..... sorry for the small pics, can edit if needed.

tools needed:
PIAA 510 lights (beam pattern is your choice)
dremel w/ a grinding/cutting wheel
a couple small washers
two 6mm bolts
and if you don't feel like messing with the factory brackets you can get some from here for like 12 bucks a piece. http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...M-330-1701R-UD

Unplug the factory fog light bulb from the wire harness, or hid ballast in my situation. then using a wrench unscrew the three, 7mm i believe, bolts that are holding the factory fog light housing on the bumper. do this on both sides and move over to a work bench or table to work on them.

now we need to get the factory fog lights out of the bracket. unscrew the phillips head adjustment screw from the back of the bracket and remove the spring.

now once it's out use something flat like a screwdriver to pry up on the tabs on the side of the fog light bracket. dont worry about breaking or bending them because they have to be ground off anyways. once both tabs are pried up then the factory fog light should fall out.

now that the factory fog light is out, either break the tab off that held the factory fog light in or grind it off with a dremel. also with the dremel grind down the raised plastic on the inside of the bracket that is on both sides of the tab that was grinded off. with every thing done the inside of the fog light bracket should be completely circular now.
this is what both sides of the bracket should now look like

now that the sides will clear you need to drill a hole in the top of the fog light bracket for the big mounting bolt on the piaa's to go through. simply drill a hole in the very top of the bracket, make sure it's centered or the PIAA grille on the lights will be crooked. this picture will give you an idea of where to drill.

alright now place the 510 in the fog light bracket with the bolt through the hole that you drilled. it will be a very tight fit so just push the light into the socket as far and as pointing downward as you can then tighten the mounting bolt on top.

now for aligning the lights. i found that it there simply isn't a way to adjust the lights down quite far enough to be aimed correctly so what i did was this.
side to side adjustment: loosen the main mounting bolts on the 510's and simply use some force to turn the light side to side as needed.
up and down adjustment: now this is the tricky part. since the lights cannot move anymore down then you need to get some slightly longer bolts, from a hardware store because most auto shops will not have any longer ones since they are body bolts, these bolts are 6mm and then place some washers as needed between the bottom hole on the fog light bracket and the bumper to tilt the fog light bracket some and thus lower the beam of light. and don't worry you cannot notice this tilt in the fog light bracket from the other side of the bumper. alright guys well here is the finished product.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I WANNA GO FAST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice mod. looks real good. Get some pics at night and how they cast?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah i'll get some soon
Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks nice... lookin to change out my front bumper on my truck for one with fogs in it... might consider putting these in it for the fogs

Great job

Quick Reply: How to put PIAA 510 lights in factory fog holes 06-08