Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

How many people have actually gotten a ticket for their illegal HID headlights???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many people have actually gotten a ticket for their illegal HID headlights???

i just got 2 pairs for my truck (one for fogs and one for headlights) and i was just wondering how many people actually got a ticket for theirHID headlights? Just curious its not going to stop me from having them in my truck im just curious
Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the record, while all aftermarket HIDs are illegal, you cannot be cited. there is no way for an officer to prove aftermarket vs oem.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Considering no f150 has come with HID lights, they are all aftermarket...

I was pulled over once and asked if they were legal. I said yes and he let me on my way. lol.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Squirtbottle09
Considering no f150 has come with HID lights, they are all aftermarket...

I was pulled over once and asked if they were legal. I said yes and he let me on my way. lol.

exactly.

they dont carry a list of the vehicles equipped with HIDs.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

the question of legality would be apparent in states that maintain annual inspections.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:32 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Im sure as long as you dont have them pointing up you should be fine. and if you dont have like 12k color (which is really blue) they wont pay any attention, like a 4300-6000k they most likely wont think twice about but "hey, thats a nice truck.....and look at the POS ricer behind him"
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mtrahan8769
i just got 2 pairs for my truck (one for fogs and one for headlights) and i was just wondering how many people actually got a ticket for theirHID headlights? Just curious its not going to stop me from having them in my truck im just curious
Most people get tickets for the "illegeal" because they mess with the allignment screws. Luckily for you, you wont have to. Dont mess with the allignment and you probably wont ever get stopped. My truck sits fairly high compared to a "slammed" ricer, and for some reason, a car with stock HID's dont blind me (they sit higher than a ricer) yet, the ricer's lights light up my whole cab...Its because he doesnt know how to allign his headlight, and did it half assed like the rest of his car. (dont get me wrong, I understand its his car, but you have to agree with me, some ricers you can tell they've done it the right way, and you can tell when the ricer did it half assed, like spray paint body kit, cut the springs to lower it...etc. Just like throwing in the HIDs and calling it a day instead of alligning them. )
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dplummer87
Most people get tickets for the "illegeal" because they mess with the allignment screws. Luckily for you, you wont have to. Dont mess with the allignment and you probably wont ever get stopped. My truck sits fairly high compared to a "slammed" ricer, and for some reason, a car with stock HID's dont blind me (they sit higher than a ricer) yet, the ricer's lights light up my whole cab...Its because he doesnt know how to allign his headlight, and did it half assed like the rest of his car. (dont get me wrong, I understand its his car, but you have to agree with me, some ricers you can tell they've done it the right way, and you can tell when the ricer did it half assed, like spray paint body kit, cut the springs to lower it...etc. Just like throwing in the HIDs and calling it a day instead of alligning them. )
its not that the guys do a half *** job of aligning them its because the hid's aren't made for halogen housings. oems don't blind you cause they are in the right housing. it's glare that shines in oncomming traffic's eyes and odd's are your hid's do it too, even with aiming them lower.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Ford Modifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it depends on the color i have 20k and they gave me a ticket once my friend has 12k and hes never gotten a ticket, some people over here have dark blue,pink,purple,green hids and they never got pulled over so i guess its luck as well ...
Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 AM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They make 20k?

Quick Reply: How many people have actually gotten a ticket for their illegal HID headlights???