Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

HID's Headlights work and fogs don't

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID's Headlights work and fogs don't

I just got Jon_To's bi-xenon kit installed headlights and fogs on my 2011 FX4. 1 of the ballast didn't work, so I switched it from a different kit I had for the time being, till I get the replacement. After I replaced it headlights and fogs worked properly, the next day both fogs worked then 1 started going out, then both are completely out and have been out ever since. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be.
Thanks!
Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Weenie Waver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpre
I just got Jon_To's bi-xenon kit installed headlights and fogs on my 2011 FX4. 1 of the ballast didn't work, so I switched it from a different kit I had for the time being, till I get the replacement. After I replaced it headlights and fogs worked properly, the next day both fogs worked then 1 started going out, then both are completely out and have been out ever since. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be.
Thanks!
Mike
Sounds like bad hardware (as in bulbs or ballasts). Unplug the HIDs from the fogs, and put some Halogen bulbs in. If the Halogen bulbs work then you have your answer.

Quick Reply: HID's Headlights work and fogs don't