Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

hid questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 PM
06 f150 larait

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default hid questions

i have a few questions about some hid's.

whered you guys get them from? hidnation is the easiest sight but there almost 200$ for the bi xenon

my first one is has any one put them in the fog lights yet? did they hold up or did the housings melt? and what bulb connection is it?

can i run a 55w kit with out melting anything? or should i save the 20$ and get the 35w ones?

i remember reading something about having to shut something off so the hids dont flash when you unlock the truck. can some one explain that? or link me the thread i cant find it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Custom Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you decide to get the 55w let me know i have a harness that i ordered just to be safe that i didnt use ill send it to you......i didnt use it cause i got 35 watt but if i would have gotten 55watt i would have used it....i got the hi/lo kit and ihad to use a harness of some sort anyways that i guess controls the current switch between hi and lo....im assuming you mean ddm right? Some say digital solutions is a better brand a bit more expensive but i dont know i got ddm so i cant compare the two personally.....yes scobar we know projectors or its riced haha!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by f150corey
i have a few questions about some hid's.

whered you guys get them from? hidnation is the easiest sight but there almost 200$ for the bi xenon

my first one is has any one put them in the fog lights yet? did they hold up or did the housings melt? and what bulb connection is it?

can i run a 55w kit with out melting anything? or should i save the 20$ and get the 35w ones?

i remember reading something about having to shut something off so the hids dont flash when you unlock the truck. can some one explain that? or link me the thread i cant find it.
i got mine at a flea market for 80 dollars, 8k bulbs with two amps powering the bulbs. and i couldnt tell u about the fog lights cuz i dont have any, but i will say when ever i get out of my truck i always turn the switch for the headlight/dash illumination to the center position. and my headlights come on when i unlock my truck

Quick Reply: hid questions