Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

hid question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hid question

Hey guys, new to the forum but Ive found theres some really helpful stuff on here. I gotta question: I have hi/lo hid headlights, whenever I make a turn and my blinker turns off the lights flash off and back on again. Some times it happens when I turn it from hi's to low's. Anybody seen this before?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
F150 Forum

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aktruckn
Hey guys, new to the forum but Ive found theres some really helpful stuff on here. I gotta question: I have hi/lo hid headlights, whenever I make a turn and my blinker turns off the lights flash off and back on again. Some times it happens when I turn it from hi's to low's. Anybody seen this before?
This is usually a sign the your ballast is dying or your wire harness isn't attached properly. What kind of kit do you have?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM

Its a bran new DDM/apexcone 55w kit. Hi/lo's. I checked my wiring. Its flawless. I also noticed that if I just let the system warm up for like 5-10 minutes everything works without any problems... possible break in?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by aktruckn
Its a bran new DDM/apexcone 55w kit. Hi/lo's. I checked my wiring. Its flawless. I also noticed that if I just let the system warm up for like 5-10 minutes everything works without any problems... possible break in?

If the kit is new, there should be a break in period. I don't use ddm products, but i've seen them and they usually aren't like that. Maybe you could send them back under warranty and get a new one. There is though a warming up period for the bulbs themselves, usually less then a min.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
F150 Forum

Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 AM

ok thanks. its starting to happen less and less so i believe its good to go now.

Quick Reply: hid question