Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

HID question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID question??

hey guys.
I bought a HID kit on Ebay, and was going to put it into my 2013 truck but I was wondering if I need to buy a relay harness for the kit to work in the truck since im from Canada and we "have" to have DRL (Day Time Running Light). I had a Ranger before this truck and didn't need the harness . the kit is a 6000k 35w hi/low hid kit.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger_danger4x4
hey guys.
I bought a HID kit on Ebay, and was going to put it into my 2013 truck but I was wondering if I need to buy a relay harness for the kit to work in the truck since im from Canada and we "have" to have DRL (Day Time Running Light). I had a Ranger before this truck and didn't need the harness . the kit is a 6000k 35w hi/low hid kit.

I assume you are upgrading from hallogen lights.

If your "kit" came with the HID harness the DRL will work fine since that is already activated by default for Canadian vehicles you will not require a separate relay for the DRL's to work with your new HID's. You will need the HID harness though.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Azuri
I assume you are upgrading from hallogen lights.

If your "kit" came with the HID harness the DRL will work fine since that is already activated by default for Canadian vehicles you will not require a separate relay for the DRL's to work with your new HID's. You will need the HID harness though.
yes I am upgrading from the halogen blub lights. the kit doesn't look like it has a relay on it, It plugs into the light socket,runs to the ballast then runs to the bulb. means ill have to buy the relay eh?....

Quick Reply: HID question??