Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

HID Fogs Have Very Bad Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID Fogs Have Very Bad Condensation

Hey,
I got a little concern that I need some advice on. I recently installed DDM HID fogs 5k and I'm getting very bad condensation build up. The bulbs installed have a very very tight fit into the housing, (So tight I can't even twist them off). How is condensation building up?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

The condensation is Karma for installing PnP HIDs into stock fog light housings...

It's like the hate from all the drivers on the opposite side of the road has built up to cause condensation in your fog lights in hopes that you will remove them and go back to the halogen bulb that was made for your housings.
The following 6 users liked this post by il_duce:
1getz (05-10-2014), MGD (05-05-2014), RLXXI (05-05-2014), Summers22 (05-08-2014), Tanner2 (05-06-2014), yanki01 (05-06-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by il_duce
The condensation is Karma for installing PnP HIDs into stock fog light housings...

It's like the hate from all the drivers on the opposite side of the road has built up to cause condensation in your fog lights in hopes that you will remove them and go back to the halogen bulb that was made for your housings.
Too funny
Old 05-05-2014, 04:04 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

MGD
Old 05-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrown1914
Hey,
I got a little concern that I need some advice on. I recently installed DDM HID fogs 5k and I'm getting very bad condensation build up. The bulbs installed have a very very tight fit into the housing, (So tight I can't even twist them off). How is condensation building up?
They're probably on an angle which is making them hard to untwist. Check again that they're properly seated. I had a friend that his weren't properly seated and appeared to be on good until he went mudding and his fog light filled with mud. The fog lights aren't the ones that potentially blind other drivers. People complain about HIDs but when I installed mine I walked up to the truck with them on, squatted in front of the truck even, and they weren't blinding. I did 8K 35W so they would be brighter than stock but not blinding.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:07 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
They're probably on an angle which is making them hard to untwist. Check again that they're properly seated. I had a friend that his weren't properly seated and appeared to be on good until he went mudding and his fog light filled with mud. The fog lights aren't the ones that potentially blind other drivers. People complain about HIDs but when I installed mine I walked up to the truck with them on, squatted in front of the truck even, and they weren't blinding. I did 8K 35W so they would be brighter than stock but not blinding.
^^^ Bull****.

Further - totally useless as a fog light, and next to worthless as an effective all-weather driving light ( wavelength absorption by water ). And delusional you may be, they do in point of fact glare.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

www.hidplanet.com

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 05-05-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
^^^ Bull****.

Further - totally useless as a fog light, and next to worthless as an effective all-weather driving light ( wavelength absorption by water ). And delusional you may be, they do in point of fact glare.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

www.hidplanet.com

MGD
I'm sorry I didn't realize you had seen my truck and light setup in person. Obviously I'm incorrect on what I did to my truck.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 PM

Received 268 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
I'm sorry I didn't realize you had seen my truck and light setup in person. Obviously I'm incorrect on what I did to my truck.
It has nothing to do with your particular truck, it's just a matter of scientific fact. Halogen reflector housings scatter the light from HiD capsules due to the improper position and orientation of the arc. Halogen bulbs use a filament in a very specific orientation and location, and the reflector housings are designed to very precise specifications to ensure that they produce a useable light which will minimize the glare. When you use a HID bulbs, the light reflects in a manner that causes it to scatter in all directions, including up and into the eyes of oncoming traffic.

Additionally, the light produced from 8000k color temperature is not as effective as a lower temp. 5000k is about the point of diminishing returns, with 4300k being optimal for useable light output, hence ALL OEM HIDs being 4300k.

You obviously have your own opinion of your lights, but opinion is trumped by facts, and there really just isn't a winning argument for your position.
The following 5 users liked this post by bigred90gt:
lewis26 (05-06-2014), MGD (05-06-2014), RLXXI (05-05-2014), Starboard (05-05-2014), Summers22 (05-08-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears it was a seal issue, thanks to Elite Auto for there knowledge and skills on HID's and taking care of this. Back to blinding the tea party members on the road...LOL

Quick Reply: HID Fogs Have Very Bad Condensation