Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Help wiring an interior on/off switch on a 2013 SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help wiring an interior on/off switch on a 2013 SCrew

I was hoping that there is a wiring/lighting guru among you. I have a 2013 Supercrew, and it drives me nuts that when doors are unlocked or a door opened all interior lights come on. It kills your night vision for driving or maintaining situational awareness. I was told that the dealer can enable a law enforcement "dark" mode, but I'd like the flexibility of an on/off switch to turn that function on at will. Since I'm getting ready to add a light bar and some aux lights, i was hoping to be able to tap into the system that powers or signals the interior lights to come on and put it on a switch panel at the same time. Does anyone have an answer, or am i over-thinking this and there's a far simpler option?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Hell yes. It's a very simple feature that is somehow overlooked by Ford. My wife's Acura has a 3 position switch for all interior lights ( door/ on/ off). Toyota I had did it too.

My 2006 has the "wheel type" roller switch that operates the dimming of the dash lights and all the way up turns on all the dome lights. There must be a way to either replace that switch, or add a jumper wire for only the dome light power to a 2nd switch (either 2 way on/off or 3 way on/off/door).

I'd start by finding a wiring diagram for the dome lights.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to a thread that is super helpful. I have finished the Cargo light mod and will begin the interior mod as soon as my switch comes in.
Mamonti was super helpful. Read thread completely and you should find some useful info.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/why-is...-switch-233530
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The interior mod I will be doing is adding a dpst rocker switch that will kill my interior dome/map lights, and exterior cargo/puddle lights.
The following users liked this post:
forourspam (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That is great, thanks! Please be sure to make notes and take pics as I am sure I won't be the last person looking to do it.

Quick Reply: Help wiring an interior on/off switch on a 2013 SCrew