Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Help with Recon LED Tail lights.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Recon LED Tail lights.

So I have a 2011 F-150 and purchased the rear smoked LED tailights and front projectors from Gorecon. After a while I started having the rapid turn signal problem and now have the passenger side top half out. I contacted Recon on several occasion and finally a month later they sent me 2 pairs of resistors. I installed the resistors but still having the problem.

So...Did I install them correctly or is this not a good fix for the problem?

There is a 3 wire connection on the top and another one on the bottom. I taped the red to red and black to black. The green is my brake light. Is this correct? I did this on both sides.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by 1low56
So I have a 2011 F-150 and purchased the rear smoked LED tailights and front projectors from Gorecon. After a while I started having the rapid turn signal problem and now have the passenger side top half out. I contacted Recon on several occasion and finally a month later they sent me 2 pairs of resistors. I installed the resistors but still having the problem.

So...Did I install them correctly or is this not a good fix for the problem?

There is a 3 wire connection on the top and another one on the bottom. I taped the red to red and black to black. The green is my brake light. Is this correct? I did this on both sides.

Any help will be appreciated.
I've not got the recon tail lights but did they not come with resitors inline/built in? I find it odd that you would get hyper flashing after awhile and not from the start when you installed them. The top 1/2 of your LED tail light being out is probably the cause of the rapid blinking since your truck thinks a light is now burnt out. I'm more inclined to think your tail light went kaput. Hopefully someone with Recon tail lights can come along and answer this question I was told they were plug in play meaning they had resistors in from the get go.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:46 AM

The light is not burnt out because the top half comes on and off once in a while.
Recon is the one who sent me the resistors so I am assuming that they don't have them built in.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

The light is not burnt out because the top half comes on and off once in a while.
Recon is the one who sent me the resistors so I am assuming that they don't have them built in.

Yeah just speculation on my part. The led's are on a circuit board inside the tail light and the random on/off situation sort of tells me bad connection/wiring or loose faulty led or circuit board in the top part of the LED. It's really hard to say for certain check all the connections and then get back to Recon. Resistors are the first step in correcting the hyper flashing but the random part of the top 1/2 of the tail light going on and off has little to do with the resistor in my opinion.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM

I've heard that a LED ready flasher will also fix the rapid blinking. Anyone know where I can get one and which model?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 AM

So I was about to buy a new LED ready flasher relay but now think that there isn't one in a 2011 F-150. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

So I was about to buy a new LED ready flasher relay but now think that there isn't one in a 2011 F-150. Can anyone confirm this?
Correct, 2009+ f150 does not have one. The ep27 relay will work on 2008 and down tho

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by nickpatton_189
Correct, 2009+ f150 does not have one. The ep27 relay will work on 2008 and down tho
So much for that idea then. I will have to track down where the issue is then since Recon doesn't seem to care.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 AM

This is what Recon sent me. I don't know if I tapped it correctly to my Recon LED tail lights.
I did one for the top and bottom of each tail light.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

The resistor needs to be connected to the wire that controls the blinking

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Add-Load-Re...ight-a/169.htm

To me what it sounds like is a wire or connections is loose somewhere. Is the other side doing the same?

If a resistor was needed, it would of been needed right away.

Quick Reply: Help with Recon LED Tail lights.