Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

HELP - Blackout covers OR HID...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP - Blackout covers OR HID...

Hoping for some help/guidance for a 2010 XLT XTR Crew Cab.

Just ordered Back rack, roll-X tonneau cover, bull bar and PIAA lights (all black) and I would like to get a set of headlight and tail lights HIDS / LEDS to match...

I was hoping to get some HID lights that are TRUE PLUG AND PLAY - no soldering, no quick connects etc...just remove the old and plug the new into the wiring harness...do these exist and if so, any recommendations?

My alternative is to purchase blackout headlight and tail light covers...seems much easier and its close to the look I would like.

HOWEVER, the plug and play have the look I'd like...just not into the splicing, soldering deal....I've looked at the spider and recon, but I'd like to know beforehand if they are a true plug and play. If you know, please provide model #.

Cheers
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

shoot over to the lighting section man there's tons of threads...and short answer to your question yes there are a few products out there that are truly plug and play...but if you want halos/leds then chances are you will have to do some minor splicing...Stay away from spyder headlights or at least be cautious I have a set and the light output is not much brighter than stock lights...good luck

Quick Reply: HELP - Blackout covers OR HID...