Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

***H13 Bi-Xenon & Fog Light HID 6000k Review *** PICS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Lightbulb ***H13 Bi-Xenon & Fog Light HID 6000k Review *** PICS!!!!

I purchased my kits from Xenon Link. Sent money via pay pal thursday morning, received kit saturday morning...Shipping was great.

Took about an hour to install both kits and was fairly straight forwad. I have had more problems getting the passenger headlight to line up, i had to have bent something somewhere, Im gonna put a washer in it tomorrow, but I was tired, and it was pretty close to being even. You have to forgive me, I dont have the Hi-Beam pic....I uh...Had the bulb in upside down so it flashed lower instead of higher when i turned them on. Sorry, it will be up this week though! I promise! Already turned the bulb around, but the camera was already put up. Anyway, Here they are!
HID Low

HID

HID

STOCK LOW

STOCK

STOCK

Xenonlink.com review:
Had no hassles ordering the parts. Paid Thursday Morning. Received both kits Saturday. (I live in West Texas)
Product Seems of high quality. Supplied mounting hardware, double sided sticky tape, wire ties.
Basic Instructions for Normal install. Bi-Xenon instructions had to be pulled up online. It was a picture diagram.
The big silver box's do not say "Digital" on them. I DO NOT KNOW IF THESE KITS ARE DIGITAL OR NOT. However, there is 0 radio interferance. (There are 4 box's under my hood now) I used both FM, CD, and my Zune (ipod) all of which sounded normal.
Overall. I give the company an A-. Instructions could have been better. They were not dummy proof. Took, 15 min to get the bulb to go into the headlight. Had to play process of elimination to figure it out. Did not say remove original o-ring. (stock was red) Did not say remove big black one that is on it. (apparently it just holds the plastic shield on) Did not say, the bulbs must go in a certain way. (1 of mine whent in right, the other upside down, hence the no Hi-Beam pic)
I do believe this could be installed by anyone who knows how to change out a battery. Especially if you did not get a Bi-Xenon Kit. (Has its own wiring harness) Let me know if you have anyquestions.
Oh, It rained like H E double Hockey sticks, drove through 1 foot of water at one point, all lights still work, even the fogs.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 AM
American Muscle

Oh yeah, i Also replaced those nasty amber bulbs with the ones that have the blue tint on the outside but still light up amber...They were $10 at O'Rileys (checkers) $12 at pepboys. Much better look...May buy the stealth bulbs if i get tired of blue, but it does go nicely with the truck IMO.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

those really look brighter, I can see the hose hanger thingy better good job mate. they have a lot of glare?
whats stealth bulbs?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 AM
American Muscle

You know those Amber (orange) turn signal bulbs? The stealth bulbs are chrome (i think) but still light up amber...Mine are blue though, not chrome, but still light up amber. (part of the inspection laws) Ill have a pic of it but my damn phone broke! It looks so much better! I know a couple of guys on here have them.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

intresting, I got clear corners and my ambers have the orange paint coming off, you can even see it peeling. 8 yrs of being outside...i might look into it. i could help ya take your blue ones off your hands
Old 06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Ex Badge Bunny

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

very nice trey! i like em. now, if you can just post up some install instructions, because I know i'm gonna have a hell of a time doing mine... lol. i'm going for the bi xenons too... but i haven't decided whether to go with 8000k or 10000k yet...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks good, that's funny about the bulb problem i just helped someone on this forum out yesterday because his xenonlink kit's high beams weren't working so i told him his bulb might be upside down. yeah i don't think i even looked at the directions when installing mine, they seemed very poor drawn up but it wasn't too hard without them.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trey, are these the ones that you got for 225 for the two sets? They look damn good man.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you use the factory headlight housing?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by massbrandon
Trey, are these the ones that you got for 225 for the two sets? They look damn good man.
yes sir

Originally Posted by markymark17
did you use the factory headlight housing?
yes sir

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r89
very nice trey! i like em. now, if you can just post up some install instructions, because I know i'm gonna have a hell of a time doing mine... lol. i'm going for the bi xenons too... but i haven't decided whether to go with 8000k or 10000k yet...
install was fairly straight forward. A little confusing at some points...but nothing too complicated. Hardest part is finding where to mount the dumb ballasts...Let me know if you want a pic of where i mounted mine.

Quick Reply: ***H13 Bi-Xenon & Fog Light HID 6000k Review *** PICS!!!!