Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Grote Lights for a Ranch Hand Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grote Lights for a Ranch Hand Rear Bumper

I have a Ranch Hand Sport rear bumper on my truck and would like to replace the incandescent auxiliary reverse lights for LEDs. Seems simple, right? Just get a couple of 6-1/2" oval lights and slap 'em in there...

Well, I'm having trouble figuring out the offerings from Grote. There's the Supernova Single-System (62561), the Supernova Dual-System (62601), the SuperNova NexGen Dual-System (62051), and the Select Dual-System (62751). I've given up trying to decipher these and decided to see if anyone can help me out.

By the way, Ranch Hand offers an LED light upgrade that I could purchase, but when I called them to ask about it, they could give me exactly zero information about what lights they use. I'd rather go with a trusted brand than whatever random light they happen to have sitting on their shelf.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:29 AM

Alright, let's try this another way.
Anybody know of a good 6-1/2" oval white LED light that I could use?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Known Associate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bumpp

I’m curious too I have a fab-fours rear bumper that uses the same type of lights and id also like to replace the bulbs.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Well the supernova nextgen and select system both say vertical mounting only, so you and rule the last two lights out.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:55 PM

What I ended up doing was just going to a local truck outfitter and asked them for a 6-1/2" oval LED light. They carried some from Optronics, but I have no idea the model. I'm very happy with the results. Incredibly easy to install (pop the old ones out, plug in the wires with the same connector, push the lights into the rubber grommet), and the amount of light that I get reversing at night is awesome. It bugged me that the color of my stock reverse lights didn't match the new LED lights, so I went ahead and replaced the reverse light bulb with an LED option as well (JDM ASTAR 921 White LED Bulb).

Seems to me like it probably doesn't really matter what light you go with. If you're replacing your bumper incandescents with LEDs, you'll likely be happy with the results.

Quick Reply: Grote Lights for a Ranch Hand Rear Bumper