Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

To good to be true? And a few cheaper light bar brands I've found.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To good to be true? And a few cheaper light bar brands I've found.

Firstly, I am no expert and don't claim to be even close. I want to learn from someone with more know knowledge than myself. This is simply me thinking out loud and asking for opinions.

Been looking and doing a lot of research finding different company's selling light bars in order to find a quality brand for half the cost of Rigid and other major company's. Saying this I know you pay for what you get and if you can afford it by all means go with a top dog brand but in my case even if I can afford it my needs simple don't justify the price tag of a Rigid, Baja or other top brands as I don't off-road just simple cruise the dirt roads and farm land at night on my daily driver. I am going for more around the top off my price range being $600. I've found a ton of different brands at all different prices and I will list just a few with my opinion of them, but first the too good to be true part.

The main reason for this thread because I want yals opinion on this is for the brand Oracle. Oracle is a major company and makes quality products as far as I know being known mostly for their halo lights. But what I didn't know was that they sell led lighting at very reasonable pricing, but something is just not adding up. I want a 30" single row light bar and Oracle has one that produces 17k lumens for only $510.... Which I find very odd because Rigid, Baja, VisionX, ect don't even have a single row 30" with that much power at 180Ws. So what am I missing besides lifetime warranty???

And for people looking for other good quality brands and a little background I found this page to be very helpful. http://www.exploringelements.com/sem...-led-lighting/

As for a brand a I would say to have medium priced light bars that deserves a look is Rough Country and also Auroral Led USA.

And for the guys that want very cheap here are some I have looked at.
OlympusOffRoad - very small and in china but I read a ton of threads on jeep forums where he shows off his stuff and actually emailed him back and forth a couple times and people seem to be happy.
CarID - has some. No idea about these but they are cheap.
And of course SuperBrightLeds - people seem to be happy with there products.

Just sharing some of my findings bc so many people always ask for other brands. Would love opinions on Oracle's though and any input for which brand I should go with for a 30" single row around $500-$600.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

This FTW:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/off...trsdefaultview

MGD
The following users liked this post:
byte (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
I thought these haven't even come out yet?

http://linesideled.com I'd like to try these out but no one else has seem to bought them

Last edited by kingrancht; 02-20-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Have used these guys with no complaints.
https://sneveysoffroad.com/product-c...g-accessories/
Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Ski Bum

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

www.digidiodes.com I have a pair of POD's from them and am very happy with them. not sure about the spot pattern of any of their longer bars, but the flood output of the PODs is great.

Quick Reply: To good to be true? And a few cheaper light bar brands I've found.