Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Fog Lights

Greetings one and all,
New to Fords but not new to working on cars.
Have tried to look through the search but can"t find a post RE: how to remove fog lights on 2010 f 150.

I would like to replace the stock fog driving lights with a true amber fog light.
The area I live in gets lots of fog,heavy rain and snow at times.

What fog lights are people running?

Thanks in advance

WWR
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is pretty simple, they are attached to the bumper, you can craw underneath your truck and reach them without taking off the bumper, but I have found it easier just to remove the bumper since it is simple. Takes two people because of the weight, but then you have full access to do what you want. The fog light bracket is just screwed on to the bumper so you should have no issue removing it either way.

As for replacing with new fog lamps? Personal choice comes into play, I like LED's because they will basically never need to be replaced, and I like Rigid Industries Amber Flood lights for use as a fog light replacement. But there are many other types of LED lighting, and HID fog lamps as well. Good luck with your search.
The following users liked this post:
wallawallaron (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Thereteofitsource.com

Order a 9145 3000K HID kit. You won't be disappointed!

Fog Lights-image-1354899111.jpg
Old 04-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by BGFord
It is pretty simple, they are attached to the bumper, you can craw underneath your truck and reach them without taking off the bumper, but I have found it easier just to remove the bumper since it is simple. Takes two people because of the weight, but then you have full access to do what you want. The fog light bracket is just screwed on to the bumper so you should have no issue removing it either way.

As for replacing with new fog lamps? Personal choice comes into play, I like LED's because they will basically never need to be replaced, and I like Rigid Industries Amber Flood lights for use as a fog light replacement. But there are many other types of LED lighting, and HID fog lamps as well. Good luck with your search.

BGFord,thanks for the information. I know see how all is put together.
I think I will leave the stock lights alone and install a set of Rigid Flood in the area were the license plate is now.

Hope someone can post a picture of the amber fogs in use to see how they cut through the weather.

Which vendor are people using to buy the lights from?
WWR
Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Z7What
Thereteofitsource.com

Order a 9145 3000K HID kit. You won't be disappointed!

Attachment 218082
Are they driving lights or true fogs?
Thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by wallawallaron

Are they driving lights or true fogs?
Thanks
There the factory fog lights with a 3000K HID kit installed into them. Not really sure how to answer that question.

Wayne
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Couple of vendors on here that are pretty reasonable with their rates compared to the prices elsewhere online.
https://www.f150forum.com/members/autoplicity-87166/
https://www.f150forum.com/members/tap-auto-118767/

Those two have been pretty good. You can also try;
https://www.f150forum.com/members/eric70634-101880/
wallawallaron (05-01-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 AM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Are you talking about replacing the existing fog light bulbs in the same factory fog light housing? If so, you don't need to "remove" anything. Just turn your front tire and reach your hand into the wheel well. You can unplug the wiring harness and twist to release the fog light bulb. Then twist in your new fog light bulb. Repeat for other side, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes total.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Are you talking about replacing the existing fog light bulbs in the same factory fog light housing? If so, you don't need to "remove" anything. Just turn your front tire and reach your hand into the wheel well. You can unplug the wiring harness and twist to release the fog light bulb. Then twist in your new fog light bulb. Repeat for other side, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes total.
BMWBIG6,
thanks for the reply. At first I wanted to remove the housings and did not see the way they are bolted in. I guess what 1 of my questions RE: fog light housings is the lens spread. Are they a driving pattern or a wide spread pattern?
I am going to replace the stock bulb in the fog lights with a PIAA bulb.
Also will install 2 Rigid Dully2 wide ambers by the front license plate.
Thanks again for the information.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Yellow Fog Lamp replacements

Use care with the PIAA bulbs. I've seen them melt the plastic lenses on the factory lights.

Check this link:
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Automotive-Solaris-Yellow-9145/dp/B002GZ6XQ2/ref=cm_cr-mr-title http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Automotive-Solaris-Yellow-9145/dp/B002GZ6XQ2/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

They will fit perfectly if you keep the original O ring seals from the factory bulbs. If you go the to Amazon site, read the review I wrote on them (danonbar) and you'll understand what I'm referring to.
wallawallaron (05-05-2013)

Quick Reply: Fog Lights