Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

"Fog Light" idea.... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Default "Fog Light" idea.... thoughts?

Backstory:
A relative of mine has a little chevy car (whatever they re-named the cavalier) that has some cheap aftermarket projector lights, and of course the lenses are seriously yellowed. He is swapping out for a new set, and giving me the old ones.

My idea:
Remove the projectors and make them into "fog lights" to put on either side of the license plate.

My assumption is that they are probably not quality enough for me to put into my stock halogen housings (plus they used a seperate hi-beam). But, they may work well as a driving/fog light (properly aimed of course).

Question:
-Do the projectors have to be sealed in another housing, or can they be run in "open air"
Old 11-10-2015, 07:37 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Not seeing the projectors, they most likely need to be sealed in a housing. That being said, TRS used to sell projectors that could be run in open air but, if the ones you're talking about are OEM and were inside a housing, I would bet they need to be protected.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks for the reply! that was my thought as well

Can't get a pic for awhile, the lights are at my grandparents house (over an hour away.) I'll take a few when i pick them up in a couple weeks. These are cheap lights, so i know not to expect much. Now I just need to find some cheap light housings to cut up....

Quick Reply: "Fog Light" idea.... thoughts?