Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Factory fog light replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory fog light replacement?

Has anyone replaced their factory fog lights with aftermartket ones? I was looking at recon #264501BK LED Round driving lights and I was hoping to mount them in the exsiting fog lamp holes in the bumper on my 2010. Has anyone attempted this and does it fit?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump I'm interested too
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

Those may not fit without cutting of the foglight tunnel, and maybe making something for that bracket to mount to so it sits in the center of the opening.

My '09 foglights are Spyder halo projectors with hid's I added to them. They are listed on CARiD.com as a direct replacement for '06-'08 F150's, but they fit right into the '09+ housings just like the original lights, and come with an adapter plug so the main lights plug into the factory harness, you just have to wire up the halos, it also comes with a full wiring harness and switch, in case you need all the wiring. I may have pics in my garage of them, but I don't have any on my phone right now.

If you want some other lights, look for some with bolt holes on the sides, then you can run the bolts through the holes in the tabs that hold the factory lights in place, I had some like this before and I didn't have to do any drilling or modifying to install them, except the wiring. I took them out because they had a glass lens that cracked when they got wet. Those were from Blinglights.com, they sucked, and had a thin halo around them, but they weren't very bright.

If you find any other options, post links or pictures. Hope this helps you out some.

Last edited by fordfan77; 03-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by fordfan77
Those may not fit without cutting of the foglight tunnel, and maybe making something for that bracket to mount to so it sits in the center of the opening.

My '09 foglights are Spyder halo projectors with hid's I added to them. They are listed on CARiD.com as a direct replacement for '06-'08 F150's, but they fit right into the '09+ housings just like the original lights, and come with an adapter plug so the main lights plug into the factory harness, you just have to wire up the halos, it also comes with a full wiring harness and switch, in case you need all the wiring. I may have pics in my garage of them, but I don't have any on my phone right now.

If you want some other lights, look for some with bolt holes on the sides, then you can run the bolts through the holes in the tabs that hold the factory lights in place, I had some like this before and I didn't have to do any drilling or modifying to install them, except the wiring. I took them out because they had a glass lens that cracked when they got wet. Those were from Blinglights.com, they sucked, and had a thin halo around them, but they weren't very bright.

If you find any other options, post links or pictures. Hope this helps you out some.
Sweet...thanks for the info!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ScrewdFX4

Sweet...thanks for the info!!!!!
No problem, post pics of what you end up getting.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Will do! I'm still tossing up just getting a light bar with some recon or rigid flood lights.

Quick Reply: Factory fog light replacement?