Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

F150LEDs.com Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up F150LEDs.com Review

Hey everyone, I'm new to this website but just wanted review and explain what I thought about a set of LED cargo lights, LED reverse lights, and a LED third break light. Just some info on the lights I received,
All of the lights received are the F150LEDs.com MK2 edition of the LEDs
Thoughts on the lights
-Well first off the lights came simply packaged and with no instructions which was no issue at all because the installation of these lights was a breeze. It took longer to remove the light housing and the hold lights then it did to put the LEDs into the existing slots. Bravo to F150LEDs on making the install so easy.
-Second these lights well acceded my expectations, I expected the to be brighter then the stock halogens but I never expected them to be this bright. The reverse lights alone illuminated my entire driveway and front of my house when I back into my driveway, The cargo lights illuminated about a 40-50 foot radius around the back of my truck when I unlock it and or open the door. These lights are so bright and well built I would recommend them to anyone on this forum and any of my friends who have F150s
Here are some photos of the lights at night but take my word they do not do these lights justice.

The reverse lights look oncoming traffic lights

The following users liked this post:
lumpythetexan (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:24 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks I just ordered the high and low beams for my 16 Lariat and can't wait.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Thanks for your business Lumpy. Your order goes out in the mail tomorrow (btw I'm not F150leds.com I know people confuse me for them, different company, different products)
Old 06-28-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Thanks for your business Lumpy. Your order goes out in the mail tomorrow (btw I'm not F150leds.com I know people confuse me for them, different company, different products)
I'll remember that and write a review when I get mine installed
Old 06-28-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lumpy, I ordered mine from F150LEDs.com not 4x4TruckLEDs.com I don't know if that makes a difference but the ones I got from F150LEDs.com are very nice and very high quality.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Banned

There is a difference if you ordered the MKII... the MKII from F150leds is an older style light... it's actually what I bought when I first bought my F-150... I ended up returning them because the light scattered and blinded drivers and it flickered on my truck. The boot they provided also had a hole in it so water got in my housing.

That's when I was sent lights by StreetGlow, which is what I sell now. Their XHP Series lights. Since then F150LEDs has picked up a new line and they call it their MKIII. So the MKIII line from them is the same style bulb as the XHP Series lights from StreetGlow (however StreetGlow has been around a LONG time and the MKIII are sourced directly from China... it's actually what I used to do but I didn't like the quality control so I only use StreetGlow XHP now)

So from the outside they look identical but StreetGlow goes one step further and has a quality control guy who makes sure the product is up to spec.

Hopefully that clears up the various bulb brands you see out there.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kralldaddy
Lumpy, I ordered mine from F150LEDs.com not 4x4TruckLEDs.com I don't know if that makes a difference but the ones I got from F150LEDs.com are very nice and very high quality.
I went the opposite way and hopefully we will both be happy with our purchase. I know for my 13, I went with raptor retro fit and was very pleased with their product, but I didn't use them this time because they are having issues with the DRLs on the 16 F150. I know that the lumens on the ones I bought are 6500, so it should be plenty bright plus they give you a two year warranty u like a lot of companies that offer a 90 day or one year on their products.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Hmm. Maybe you two could do a "battling reviews" type of thread to compare / contrast everything from customer service to ease of transaction and then install and functionality? Just a thought.
The following users liked this post:
lumpythetexan (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Banned

Interesting and I'd love to see that. I know the bulbs themselves are almost identical to the naked eye but customer service, packaging, etc...

Maybe lumpy and Krall can do that. But Krall installed his already so how he received the product might be a bit late.

I don't think it'd be fair if I wrote it, although I was a customer of theirs before I started my own company... so I wouldn't want people to think I'm biased.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Just letting you all know that my complete set of highs lows and fogs from 4x4TruckLEDS will be here tomorrow. I like the guy he has been a fantastic contributor to this forum, and it's not all about the sale to him. I'm sure we will do more business down the road. I still need tail light and interior LED's.

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Interesting and I'd love to see that. I know the bulbs themselves are almost identical to the naked eye but customer service, packaging, etc...

Maybe lumpy and Krall can do that. But Krall installed his already so how he received the product might be a bit late.

I don't think it'd be fair if I wrote it, although I was a customer of theirs before I started my own company... so I wouldn't want people to think I'm biased.

Quick Reply: F150LEDs.com Review