Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

F150LED opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default F150LED opinion

Hi all, I m new to both a F150 and this forum. Looks like ill be spending many hours here. GREAT board!

Just picked up a 13 F150 XLT Crew cab, ecoboost V6 4X4 with the OEM halogens.

First mod by myself (has left, aftermarket wheels etc) will be to ditch the crappy OEM lighting system.

Came across F150 LED.com, which seem to have their product line dialed in.

Is there any reason I shouldn't click and shop for all my LED needs there?

Also looked at diode dynamics, 4x4 led etc....

Thanks

John
Old 11-28-2016, 05:51 PM
BlyVegas12F150

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just went to f150leds.com and priced out what it would cost to buy the same things I did on eBay and it was $72 plus $15 shipping. I spent $30 to get a similar product that claims to be USA made and that shipped to me in 3 days. (Obviously I can't confirm where the product was made but speed of dilevery means they had it in USA). I also have multiple spares and was able to do my reverse lights as well. That wasn't included in the $87 f150led price. Only time will tell about longevity but I'm happy so far. So far all I have installed is the interior but I'd be happy to get pics once install is complete. There is a lengthy post about f150led somewhere in here. A lot of folks are happy with the f150led product but I didn't want to pay the premium.

Last edited by mattlyons1454; 11-28-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Yeah, dont buy from them. There are better vendors with better products and better prices on the forum here (plus they support you and the forum).

If you want the same stuff f150leds sells just check out ebay or amazon, you'll find them there in the <$10 category, that's what I did with my interior/reverse/plate lights.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

*waves hello*

I'm not going to comment on what "those guys" sell but check our site out. We sell nothing but the best.

Replacement LEDs? We only sell Diode Dynamics because they are the best. Best warranty, best quality, best customer support. It's what we run in our own demo truck.

As for headlights. Check out our XHP LED Conversion Kits. We have a VEHICLE SPECIFIC section (bottom left) on our site that will list everything you need for your particular year. Since we're Ford folks, we try and make it easy. We don't play around with cheap LED Headlight conversion kits. We only use the best quality products we could find. No cheap blinding LED products here. We offer a system that not only works but DOES NOT blind oncoming drivers.

Everything we sell is tested and quality. We don't offer garbage and won't recommend garbage.

Our own LED kits have been tested and tested and tested and tested (you get the idea) to the point where we offer them to the mass. They are VERY popular on here as far as LED kits go.

Last edited by 230748; 11-29-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. Got it. Will be checking out 4x4 LED's. I want a matching set of headlights and fogs. Do I also have to replace the housings ? Add one that's a projector or not?
Old 11-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned

No you don't. That's what makes our kits so great. They work fantastic in your factory halogen housings. Saves you a ton of money as well.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty similar situation to the OP. I almost pulled the trigger on the F150LED behind the grill kit for the simple fact it looked like a one stop shop but there are a few too many bad reviews for me to try it.

I've got a '13 FX4 5.0 and I like the idea of 40'ish inch bar behind the grill. I have the factory HID and I'm really happy with them but on some of the lease roads I travel on some more light would be great. I see most guys buy a light and make there own kits...I'm lazy and don't feel like making 14 trips to the parts house or waiting for a different light to show up in the mail.

Is there a kit somebody puts together to put a decent bar in the grill that doesn't get blocked by the Ford emblem? We have to run a front plate here so I'd really like to stick with something in the grill. I'm trying to stay in the $300 range, I don't need the extra light bad enough to buy a Rigid.

Anybody have experience with Auxbeam? They look better without getting stupid expensive. Sorry if this has been covered...I tried searching.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Banned

We have lots of kits to choose from Gixxer. Just check out our site. Head over to the LED LIGHT BAR section then click on AUXBEAM LIGHT BARS. Those are our economy priced light bars (but still great quality).

There are no "kits" because it's all universal stuff but they all come with mounting brackets.

I run a front plate also and have a 23" bar mounted above my front plate. Check out the LED LIGHT BAR MOUNTS section then go to UNIVERSAL and you'll see a license plate mount. Works pretty well (I'd suggest you re-inforce the license plate bracket on the Ford with some more screws, since it's just CLIPPED in there).

I've had mine on for about 6-8 months now and it has not fallen off yet or come loose.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I looked closer at the grill and I think anything in the 40" range will stick up too high and be blocked by the emblem. Looks like I'll have to go with the 32" curved bar to mount it where I want. Do the lights come with the switch or do I need to go ahead and get the harness as well?
Old 12-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Banned

The AuxBeam 5D lights come with universal mounting hardware and a switch/relay harness.