Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

F150LED.com Garbage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default F150LED.com Garbage!!!

I have been a registered user on F150forum for a while now and unfortunately this is my first post...
I ordered a set of " F150 CREE LED REVERSE Light Bars " from F150LED.COM for my 2014 FX4 and just installed them today.

First off when i received the package i opened it to discover that the lights and accessories were not secured in foam as their video depicts, but put in cheap bubble wrap and literally thrown into the box. Because they weren't secured they rattled around the box during shipping causing the bubble wrap to rip and the paint on the lights to be chipped and damaged in multiple spots. The brackets and mounting hardware were in a small ziploc bag that had been jammed into the box and also rattled around during shipping, ripping the bag and damaging the paint on them as well.

The lights and brackets supplied are not the same as their install video, once i started installing the lights i quickly realized that they could not be installed as shown in the install video on the website. The removed 10mm bolt on the truck bumper is not long enough to overcome the different bracket they supplied, also if you tried to use the bolts they supplied there was no way to put a wrench / socket on the bolt head to tighten it as the bracket wouldn't allow it. I had to go to the local hardware store to buy replacements that would work. Once mounted the install video states " we suggest angling the lights slightly towards the ground ", but with the brackets they supply it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so, you can get them flush at best ( probably still pointed UP slightly ).

Now the wiring...they suggest connecting to the GRND of the 4-pin trailer hitch and the Center pin on the 7-pin brake controller to power the lights and turn them on when the reverse lights are active. Problem is there is no wiring coming from the back of the 4-pin connector to connect to! I was able to look up the schematic for the 7-pin harness online and found that there was a GRND terminal there and used it instead.

During all of this i contacted the seller at F150LED.com a couple of times by email ( no phone # supplied ) with concerns over the damaged lights / brackets and was told they should have been packaged better but it must have been customs ( Canada ) fault for damaging the lights.
I contacted him a 2nd time with my concerns over the install parts and he is ignoring me now. Not surprising to me now that the videos for his products have all had the comment section disabled, stops people from complaining.

Anyway just a heads up to anyone who was thinking about dealing with F150LED.COM...this was my experience.

Last edited by Weimer369; 11-19-2016 at 03:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weimer369:
greg1147 (11-24-2016), UncleFester (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

You actually don't want to wire in reverse light bars to your trailer hitch... some trucks will throw an error code, others will disable the backup sensors... you should run a dedicated power source.

Sorry you bought from them. We started our company after being a customer of theres as well and learned they were selling cheap items for a premium.

Weird they didn't get back to you, back when we were a customer they did get back to us pretty quick. The one good thing we could say about them.

Next time you are in the market for something, give us a try. Check out our site on Black Friday for some amazing sales.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered from them and had a small issue which was quickly resolved by them. No complaints here.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:42 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,579 Likes on 6,196 Posts

I read much more negative than positive. I know I will never buy from them.