Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Efx 10000k bi-xenon hid kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Efx 10000k bi-xenon hid kit problem

I have an efx bi-xenon hid kit. Everything works fine as far as the headlight function goes. But when i have the headlights on and try to turn on the foglights the high beams come on. All the other functions work properly. Anyone run into this before? It is a plug and play setup so its not like i spliced the wrong wires anywhere.

Please help
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you done the Bambi mod yet? Is the High beam indicator light fully or partially? What kind of kit Lows only/Hi-Lo/BiXenon/etc....
Old 04-04-2009, 04:54 PM

Default Efx 10000k bixenon kit

Actually the indicator for high beam on the dash doesn't come on when I pull the button for fogs. The high beams do though. The light on the dash does come on when I pull the lever back or forward for high. I'm confused.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Back In Black

Mine did the same thing havn't had time to look into fixing it though. Think it looks silly with the fog lights on with the hid's
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by robbiepaul2004
I have an efx bi-xenon hid kit. Everything works fine as far as the headlight function goes. But when i have the headlights on and try to turn on the foglights the high beams come on. All the other functions work properly. Anyone run into this before? It is a plug and play setup so its not like i spliced the wrong wires anywhere.

Please help
I had the same problem, and now have a solution.

because the Bi-xenon uses a relay harness and only one of the factory head light the system does not work properly, the fix to this is to cause resistance on the high beam side of the factory harness that is not used. I did this by wiring a small light bulb (I used a 631) between the positive high beam wire and the ground of the open harness. I mounted the light out of the way under the hood, so now when I turn the high beams on the small light comes on causing enough resistance to fool the system into working properly. everything works fine now.

You could also wire in a resistor rated for 60W with 4 ohms of resistance. But I used the light because it makes less heat.

PM me if you have any questions.

The reason I did not use the bambi mod is because it is ilegal in the state of maine to have your fog lights on with your high beams.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM

the 9004/9007 is the only Bi Xenon Relay that will usually never match up to the factory harness. The pins coming from the blue plug need to be taken out. To do this you need to stick some sort of small pin inside like a paperclip. You'll see a lever that you raise up over a tiny wall and pull the plug out from the back. You don't need to tug or pull hard. Once that little lever from the wire raises over the wall from the blue housing plug it will come out with ease. Take these 3 wires out all the same way. Now match them up to your factory harness then put them in order that will match up to what you have back in the blue plug. Blowing a fuse is common when matching up. Good thing is, its the worse that'll happen, bad thing is 9004/9007 always has to do this. Its the only bulb size that goes through this.

Tommy
www.premierhidlights.com
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM

My truck doesn't use 9004/9007. It uses 9008. Why would you move the pins? That would only change the functions high and low. Both work fine until I use fog lights.

Quick Reply: Efx 10000k bi-xenon hid kit problem