Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Ebay Projectors with HID High, Low and Fog.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Ebay Projectors with HID High, Low and Fog.

So I installed these and dropped in 6000k HIDs in both the high, low and fogs. I relayed the Lows/Fogs to the Highs, so she's nice and bright. Came with crappy white LEDs in the front which I replaced with Blue 7-LED cluster 921's, they're so bright it's nuts.

Will take some night shots when it gets dark. I also did the LED tail lights, and a LED third brake light is on the way, for now I just tinted mine.

Overall I am very satisfied with the output and clarity of the projectors, and the lovely color wash.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM

Forgive the dirty headlight lens, should of washed it off. Also, I'm going to crack the headlight open and either replace the LED in the halos, or change them to CCFL for a brighter look.

Also, here's a couple shots of my interior LEDs.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you just remove the halos to get rid of the ricer look?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by parkgt
Could you just remove the halos to get rid of the ricer look?
Haha I guess that's an option too.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

Did you seal these ebay specials before you put them in? If not you will prob be mad the next time you get your truck wet.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 AM

I checked them over before I threw them in, and I have since washed the truck many times and no fog problems at all.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!

So you say you relayed your fogs/lows with the highs...so I'm assuming you can keep your fogs on with your high beams.

Can you let me know how you did that? I live out in the country, on a backroad, spend a fair bit of time on back and secondary rds, would be nice to have the best of both worlds, keeping the fogs running with the highs...

I just have factory headlights...but I'm guessing whatever you did could be done with them as well?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 AM

Definitely! Head on over to your local part store and grab:

1 x 12v auto relay
1 x relay harness
1 x sealer fuse holder
1 x crimp style ring end

Plug the relay into the harness, so you have the wire ends coming off the relay. If your harness has a wire coming out the middle, yank it out. We don't need it. You should have four wires, one per side.

Take off your passenger side headlight, (three ten mm bolts and one plastic Philips screw, then just pull) and note the wires coming off the headlight.

You need to find which one is the high beam feed using a test light, and bare that wire, and solder the wire hooked up number 85 on the relay.

Then, hook wire 87 on the relay to the foglight feed.

Hook wire 86 to ground.

And finally attach the fuse holder to relay wire 30, and then attach that to the battery.

When you power your high beams, the relay 'sees' the power and sends power from the battery to the foglights. Luckily you don't need to do it to the other side, hooking it up on one side does both.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks!

All looks pretty straight forward, but I have a few questions, better to ask then guess...and then I don't have to spend as much time out in the cold!!

Do you remember which wire was the highbeam? I'm sure I can figure it out, but its likely your wiring is exactly the same as mine...

Because I haven't gone out there and rooted around yet...when you say foglight feed....do they actually feed from the headlights...so I just need to trace the wire? Or do they feed from somewhere else?

The sealed fuse holder....so are we running an inline fuse here? If so...what size?

Thanks for this, I've searched around a bit, and most say that this is easily done pre 09,(Bambi mod) but a different story with the new trucks. I was considering wiring in a switch with power to the fogs....but really didn't want to do that. Obviously you've made it work.

Originally Posted by Reatki
Definitely! Head on over to your local part store and grab:

1 x 12v auto relay
1 x relay harness
1 x sealer fuse holder
1 x crimp style ring end

Plug the relay into the harness, so you have the wire ends coming off the relay. If your harness has a wire coming out the middle, yank it out. We don't need it. You should have four wires, one per side.

Take off your passenger side headlight, (three ten mm bolts and one plastic Philips screw, then just pull) and note the wires coming off the headlight.

You need to find which one is the high beam feed using a test light, and bare that wire, and solder the wire hooked up number 85 on the relay.

Then, hook wire 87 on the relay to the foglight feed.

Hook wire 86 to ground.

And finally attach the fuse holder to relay wire 30, and then attach that to the battery.

When you power your high beams, the relay 'sees' the power and sends power from the battery to the foglights. Luckily you don't need to do it to the other side, hooking it up on one side does both.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM

How is the quality?? I had some on my 04 and they were crap. Didn't fit right, dust inside the lenses, very disappointed. I don't want to ruin the look of my current truck.

Quick Reply: Ebay Projectors with HID High, Low and Fog.