Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Drill Free Light Mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drill Free Light Mount

Hey, I'm new on this site, but not new to Ford. I'm working as a Project Manager now, and my company requires that I outfit my truck with a 360 amber light bar for safety reasons. I'm not too keen on having a magnet on my roof, or drilling into my truck... I've seen some units that mount where the 3rd brake light is.

My new truck is a 2013 XLT SuperCrew

So my question is this: does anyone know of companies that make these, and where can I buy one?

All help is goood help!

Last edited by EcoboostFoden; 03-20-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Add Truck Details
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You could get a backrack and then get a lightbar mount for it.
http://backrack.ca/index.php?option=...&id=2&Itemid=3
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by dmfavata
You could get a backrack and then get a lightbar mount for it.
http://backrack.ca/index.php?option=...&id=2&Itemid=3
I was looking at that, but for the 2013 and 5.5 box, I'd have to cut and drill in the box. And their choice of tonneau covers that work with the rack are limited. It was my first thought though
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by EcoboostFoden
I was looking at that, but for the 2013 and 5.5 box, I'd have to cut and drill in the box. And their choice of tonneau covers that work with the rack are limited. It was my first thought though
I have one on my truck . It is a 2003 f150 stpeside. I had to modify their brackets and drill two holes in the bed rails to make it fit but it works great. I also will be putting a fullsize lightbar on it when it gets a little nicer out. The only other way I have seen is to use the window clamp brackets. I was looking into these but I heard they leak a lot so I decided to not use them.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you dont want to install a backrack your best bet is magnetic mount, OR just run a crazy amount of lightheads on your truck if they will let you do that (2-4 lightheads per side). Pricey but a lot sleeker looking if you do it right.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by lambo2936
If you dont want to install a backrack your best bet is magnetic mount, OR just run a crazy amount of lightheads on your truck if they will let you do that (2-4 lightheads per side). Pricey but a lot sleeker looking if you do it right.
I would never use a magnetic mount if you plan on driving the truck more than 5 mph. I have seen many go flying off the roofs if cars and trucks. A lot of manufactures say if you use a magnetic mount that they are not responsible for what happens if it flies off
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by dmfavata
I would never use a magnetic mount if you plan on driving the truck more than 5 mph. I have seen many go flying off the roofs if cars and trucks. A lot of manufactures say if you use a magnetic mount that they are not responsible for what happens if it flies off
I don't want to use magnets, just because i want to avoid anything that could scratch my roof or fly off. I found this last night, but cant find a supplier that does online sales, and they're not on eBay either.. i'll keep looking
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by EcoboostFoden

I don't want to use magnets, just because i want to avoid anything that could scratch my roof or fly off. I found this last night, but cant find a supplier that does online sales, and they're not on eBay either.. i'll keep looking
That mount is actually pretty interesting. I have never seen something like that.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM

http://acariproducts.com/
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Here is a link to buy it. It looks nice, I wish they made it for my truck.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Acari-Dr...top-Mount.html

Quick Reply: Drill Free Light Mount