Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

DO NOT BUY " Extreme Offroad Lighting" PRODUCTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DO NOT BUY " Extreme Offroad Lighting" PRODUCTS

I am writing this not on the quality of the product but the so called "customer service" that taylor stands by. I ordered two 40" pro series lights and two 4" rounds in feb. I received them in a timely manner and taylor promised that i would get one of the first sets of cubes for free to test. After several emails to find out if he was still sending them and getting the run around i gave up and figured no worries since i hadn't paid for them. On 4/4/13 i emailed taylor requesting the dimensions of his new 20" sr light. He said he would get them right away. After a week i emailed him again requesting the info again. He said he has a shipment coming in and he'll get the info off a new light and get it to me. Again i waited about a week and emailed him again pretty pissed off this time and reminded him of the cubes also. He said that he would get the info and send the lights asap. He said i should get the lights this week (yea right). So i still haven't gotten the info for the 20" sr light and im positive that i won't get the lights. This poor customer service has pushed me to my limits and i wished i lived in tx just so i could see this punk face to face. It's a shame that people think they can survive without customer service. I will not buy another extreme offroad lighting product amd if its given to me i will do my part to destroy it. I will now be looking to change my lighting on my truck because it makes me sick to advertise for this guy.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 AM

Anyways I just needed to let you guys know that once your money is spent don't plan on great CS afterwards.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 AM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

What exactly went wrong with the products you paid for and received?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 AM

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts

from what I can get out of it...it was that he didnt get responded back to quick enough and/or get some free lights out of the process...
Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 AM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

Seriously?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 AM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Eehh I'm not really sure what your mad about. The cube light maybe, but it was something you were going to get for free so can you really complain? And the lights he clearly said he doesn't have in his posession so there is nothing he can do, you want him to pull the light out of his ***?

Sorry but this sounds like the kind of stuff I deal with all the time at work and customers just whine until I give them a free tire.
The following users liked this post:
byte (01-19-2014)
Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 AM

It's not the free lights. I guess I should have left that out. It all started when I notified Taylor that he had pics of Rigid products on his website saying they were his lights. He was thankful at my observation and hooked me up with my lights. That was in Feb. since then I have had about 20 or so emails back and forth giving me the run around on the lights. Saying they were always on "next weeks" shipment.

So I gave up on them and figured no money lost no worries just a little bummed about an empty promise. On 4/4/13 starts my inquire about the dimensions for the 20" SR. He first said let me check my warehouse. I gave him a week and he said it didn't have one but he has a bunch coming on Fri. So I wait until Tues and he said he would gets the dimensions by the end of the night. I wait till next Mon and I still have not received anything. I send another email and he replies saying that he will be sure to get me the measurements by the end of the night again.

So now were at the present time and I have still received zero response and probably won't get one unless I contact him. I'm just trying to let you guys know that after you spend the amount of money I spent you'd expect a little more CS than this. I could understand if I had only spent $100 but come on I bought 2 40" Pro series and 2 4" rounds that's $1300. So of course I could have gone with a bigger name but I wanted to give the underdog a chance.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:12 AM

BTW before this I was one of the guys that defended Extreme.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems like a little bit of an over reaction. You said yourself the quality of the lights is great, isn't that the most important thing? Bad customer service hurts, but that is not his goal, since it will doom the company if it continues. However, they are a smaller shop right now, and from my experience, smaller shop operations tend to have they type of customer service issues until they get some processes down to avoid them. Instead of posting here, if you have not done so, I would send him a direct email explaining your frustrations.

Going from promoting their product, to wanting to destroy if you got them for free is pretty extreme.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:52 AM

BGFord I hear ya. I did contact him a few times explaining that I was getting irritated. He would state that he would resolve the issue but after several weeks of giving me the run around I have had it. I am a patient person and I try to help people whenever I can. This has just pushed me to my limit of patience.

I would think that if I'm trying to get some dimensions about a product I want to purchase he would help out. I understand forgetting once or twice but not after several emails inquiring about the dimensions. I guess I'll just have to give my business to someone else.

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY " Extreme Offroad Lighting" PRODUCTS