Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Diode Dynamics LED bulbs

Old 03-22-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Diode Dynamics LED bulbs

I've tried lots of 'plug and play' bulbs over the years and these are by far the brightest and best quality. So far I just have fog lights, reverse lights, and license plate lights from them and I'm very impressed. The reverse lights and fog lights are their brightest options, they have a few options for each application. The license plate bulbs I got are true to their stock photos - they have a few options for brightness. I went with the ones that are a little brighter than OEM but not too bright so it looks ridiculous just for lighting up your plate.

Link: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/

Probably the most expensive LED bulbs I've seen but easily worth it. Way brighter than stock and I think they have 3 year warranty.

After my first order they sent a coupon code for 10% off (only works with your personal account) so if that's a regular thing maybe wait to spend the big bucks after your first order to see if you get a coupon code. Products are said to be designed/tested in USA but assembled in China.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

I wish theyd post the lumen count of their bulbs. I'd love to compare their brightest 921 against my beloved jdm 800 lumen-per-bulb 921's that I'm running in my reverse and cargo lamps. I haven't found any other PnP 921 on the market that are brighter than these.
They probably don't want people like me cross referencing their bulbs with their competitors.

Last edited by johndog82; 03-22-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by johndog82
I wish theyd post the lumen count of their bulbs. I'd love to compare their brightest 921 against my beloved jdm 800 lumen-per-bulb 921s that I'm running in my reverse and cargo lamps.
They probably don't want people like me cross referencing their bulbs with their competitors.
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2...ckup-leds-pair

That shows lumens to me? And has a nice little write up about misleading claims of lumen measurements by competitors
Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Coner

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2...ckup-leds-pair

That shows lumens to me? And has a nice little write up about misleading claims of lumen measurements by competitors
Oh ok. I didn't see it in the drop down menu. IDK if my jdm 921s have an inflated rating but I compared them in person with v-led's "500 lumen per bulb" 921's and the jdm's are clearly brighter and $20 cheaper. I was impressed. They're also well built. So I guess the only way for me to find out about these guys is to buy their flagship 921's and do the same test. The only thing is, I paid $25/pair for the jdm's and these are like 3x more expensive...

Last edited by johndog82; 03-22-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by johndog82
Oh ok. I didn't see it in the drop down menu. IDK if my jdm 921s have an inflated rating but I compared them in person with v-led's "500 lumen per bulb" 921's and the jdm's are clearly brighter and $20 cheaper. I was impressed. They're also well built. So I guess the only way for me to find out about these guys is to buy their flagship 921's and do the same test. The only thing is, I paid $25/pair for the jdm's and these are like 3x more expensive...
I think the light output in reverse generally sucks on the 09+ taillights. I feel like my 2006 threw out noticeably more light in reverse. If you can go thru 3 sets of the JDMs before meeting the price for diode dynamics you're probably better off sticking with those
Old 03-28-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bout the entry level 210 lumen reverse lights and wasn't that impressed. Might need to bite the bullet and go with the best option. Should've done it right the first time. Live and learn. Build quality and service seems excellent so far.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How are these bulbs holding up? I'm thinking of orders my the brightest option for the reverse bulbs.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ncm86
How are these bulbs holding up? I'm thinking of orders my the brightest option for the reverse bulbs.
Bump. I'd like to know as well
Old 05-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

The first and last time I mounted a set of LED bulbs for backup lights I got a indicator message in my cluster that said the lights were burnt out.

Am I going to get "Lights out" indicator warning message again if I use these bulbs? What's different about these lights that don't mess with the computer?

Are these the same bulbs?

Last edited by shortride; 11-18-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics LED bulbs