Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Clearance Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearance Lights

New to this site and I see that this topic has been discussed but no one from what I saw mentioned the same problem I'm having.

I have a 1996 F150 and I just bought Amber Clearance Lights for it. I was going to install them over the weekend but found after taking the headliner out that the roof is double paneled. I have no choice but to drill holes through both of them (unless I buy a lighted visor but I really don't want that) I am just wondering how I can snake the wires through both panels? The kit I bought came with a stupid light switch thing to mount on the dash but I don't wanna use it, I'd like to connect the wires right to the headlights if possible...so if anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I can't help you on the first part of that. But behind the passenger kick panel, there is supposedly the harness that the cab lights run off of. In every truck, where they came with them or not, the harness should be there. Just get a connector and wire it in to that. Should save you the trouble of trying to tie into the parking light circuit somewhere else
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I had no idea their was a wiring harness there, I'll have to check that out, if so it will make it much easier.

Quick Reply: Clearance Lights