Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Canada - BPS Lighting XHP 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Canada - BPS Lighting XHP 50

has anyone bought anything before from BPS Lighting. It shows they have a XHP50 which I would believe is similar to the vendor on here thats selling them in the states. They are the same Lumens/watts etc so I would assume just different vendor. Only thing is no relocation kits.

Can get them on ebay or amazon for $130 shipped which helps huge considering no duty or exchange.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

I just ordered mine from 4x4TRUCKLEDS. He was at $112 with the discount code, yeah it's US but I know they will fit and work once I get them with the re-locator kits. Peace of mind is why I paid a little more. I've read too many horror stories of lights not working,melting housings, too much heat etc, I wanted the sure thing, not $260 of what if.....
Old 01-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

For what it's worth (not to throw sales there way) they are similar bulbs. The ballasts may be different (there are many versions of the ballast available, we try and sell only the latest ballasts available with bulbs using the better fans). So it's tough.

That's why you see the same lights we sell for cheaper on ebay/amazon... old stock folks are looking to offload.

We're small. We only order a few hundred lights in a batch, about every few weeks. So we can control our inventory.

A lot of these companies have bigger budgets since they've been around a while. So they order entire cargo containers of lights and other things.

What happens is there may be a bad batch of ballasts or earlier designs that they get stuck with when the manufacturers make a NEW one... so they drop the price on the old kits to move them.

So buyer beware... good samples are the H13's which have a known bad ballast on Ford trucks.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

I got distracted as I wrote my resonse... but basically the kits out there that are like ours, not garbage, just a different vendor. And as I said, not sure of the time it was manufacturer or those details. Warranties may be different, support/etc...

A lot of them are just online and don't have people to answer tech questions/etc..

If you are willing to do your own tech work or risk a warranty some of the deals you can't beat. I know there's a gentleman here who bought our kit, found a deal on some others so he bought those. He's got experience with them so he knows what will/will not work and what to look out for. So for him, the deduction in price was worth it since he's comfortable with any support/warranty issues he may have.

Others like peace of mind. A higher price for customer service/no questions asked 2 year warranty (well we ask questions, but to troubleshoot and to help prevent future issues)

We appreciate any business we can get but hey... if you are in a bind and need to save some money, we understand.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Ya i'm looking to save some money as best I can. I understand you have great warranty just the US/CAN exchange, duties and tax and shipping to northern Can is just killer. I'll probably still look at the relocation kit either way I go. Still figuring out and research light companies in Canada (as indicated by post) and which pair of Anzo's to get as not sure i want the switchbacks for extra $100 or so that they cost. I personally like the White outline of the Gen 1 and dont really need the white to turn amber while turning. So we'll see.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Banned

Keep in mind just because they sell in Canada does not mean during a warranty issue you'll be in good hands. Amazon Fullfillment centers in Canada just hold the inventory. RMA's would still come from the manufacturer so you should reach out to any manufacturer you want to buy from, find out their RMA process for your specific country.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM

A cheap purchase price doesn't always save you money. I've gone the cheap route far too many times, with this truck, I'm just getting what I want that I know will work.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:38 PM

ya i'm talking about that with the wife. The BPS i havent heard much from anyone and not sure how they would stand up or fit for that matter.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 PM

That's the worst part. They might be great.... might be better..... but they might suck and you end up buying another set in a couple months. I'm at the point of going with what's known to work.