Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Bi xenon HID not coming on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bi xenon HID not coming on?

I installed these a few months ago on my 2011 5.0L. They worked good at first then it got to where the driver side would only come on. I would have flip the lights on and off 5 to 15 times to get the passenger side to come on. So I had some extra ballast lying around and swapped out the passenger side. That worked for a few days then it started doing it again. And now it's the driver side that won't come on and the passenger side will. So I swapped out another ballast on the driver side and it worked for a day or 2 then when I let the house this morning it was back to not working on the driver side again. I flipped it on and off a few times but got agrivated and just let it and drove my 2000 f150 to work instead. Any suggestions before I rip it all out and go back to stock.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 AM

ballast or bulb? i would try another brand... try zenex hid ballast... or the retrofit source ballast.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:40 AM

Well it's not the bulbs because when I switch it on and they actually come on you an hear the ballast hum, and it's not humming so it's something to do with the ballast. Not sure if they are not getting enough power coming from the wiring harness or what. I have herd that they draw more power on the startup. If I have to get new ballast I'm just gonna trash it all and go back to stock or something

Quick Reply: Bi xenon HID not coming on?