Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Best driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best driving lights

looking to put some lights on the bull bar. What are the best and brightest? I have been looking at piaa and hella. Any recommendations on these or others would be appreciated. Model #'s would also help.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't beat hella 500's if you're on a budget. $50 and you have a great set of driving lights. there are better options out there if you have the money to spend. hid or led lights would be the brightest options.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

KC Hilites. 23 year warranty and they WILL take a beating. Mine survived a frontal collision with only scratches...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me it will always be Cibie lights from France. Back in the 1970's I had a VW Superbeetle on which I installed a set of Cibie headlights. I did a lot of night driving at the time in fact I still enjoy driving at night. With the set of Cibie headlights I could clearly see objects on the road more then 5 miles away. People would ask me the dim my headlight at that range. At set of their driving lights with 100 watt plus bulbs could be seen from the International Space Station if they where pointed that way. One tip for those of you who travel in snowy conditions, or Fog. Install a set of French Yellow bulbs in your headlights it is amazing how these bulbs improve your vision in such conditions. They are mandated in France for this very reason.
http://www.cibieusa.com/cibie_main_frameset.htm
Attached Images  

Last edited by transmaster; 06-17-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 AM
zap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the hella 500's on my truck. KC Daylighters aren't bad either. Have the KC's on my jeep. At night the signs blind me when I run the lights on either vehicle. My favorites though are the spare set of KC Rally lights that I pulled off the roof rack of the jeep (didn't need 6 forward facing KC's) and now have just sitting in my shop. Don't have them on the truck cause I don't have a bull bar protruding to protect them. Last deer I full on broadsided was small and hit right under the lights so it didn't hurt them. Though, the plan is move to the rally series once I do hit a deer with the hellas...which is bound to happen sooner or later.

Quick Reply: Best driving lights