Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Lighting
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Anzo led taillight issue

Old 05-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Anzo led taillight issue

I have a 2014 fx4 I put in anzo led taillights with the supplied resistor packs and have hyper flash, contacted anzo they sent me new lights and resistor packs and still the same issue, contacted them again and spoke to my 4th tech support guy who says that the 2014 won't work with their lights due to the mirror turn signals being wired into the turn signal circuit and that any other yr the light weren't tied into the turn signal circuit, which to me sounds like pure bs any suggestions would be helpful. I know 2 people with 2013s and these same light and never had hyper flash so I'm really lost
lineman456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
MGD
former member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman456 View Post
I have a 2014 fx4 I put in anzo led taillights with the supplied resistor packs and have hyper flash, contacted anzo they sent me new lights and resistor packs and still the same issue, contacted them again and spoke to my 4th tech support guy who says that the 2014 won't work with their lights due to the mirror turn signals being wired into the turn signal circuit and that any other yr the light weren't tied into the turn signal circuit, which to me sounds like pure bs any suggestions would be helpful. I know 2 people with 2013s and these same light and never had hyper flash so I'm really lost
Yes - it's BS.

This should surprise no one. Many, many have already posted that you should avoid Anzo, Spyder, Sphincter, Ben Dover, and all the other chinglish crap coming out of the same vast, monolithic, nameless factory sweatshop.

Good luck with getting any useful warranty service.

Sell them - while they still have some residual value. Go buy some Vled V3's.

Move on.
MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
MAH

Default Not so fast grasshopper

While I do agree that the VLEDs are far superior, you can get hyper flash with them as well. I have all four of my incandescents in the tails replaced with the VLED's, great results I might add. I then tried to add the VLEDs in the front turn signal areas. No luck getting rid of the hyper flash. I used the included resistors and even added additional resistors, no luck. I tried different resistors and no go. Too much resistance and they get dimmer. I was able to get one side to work but not the other. Baffling.

The front facing VLEDs are very bright, in fact almost too bright, but only only in the flash mode. I would have been ok with too bright though without the hyper flash.

I still experimenting with this setup. Yes, I did use the resistors in the rear.
MAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #4

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAH View Post
While I do agree that the VLEDs are far superior, you can get hyper flash with them as well. I have all four of my incandescents in the tails replaced with the VLED's, great results I might add. I then tried to add the VLEDs in the front turn signal areas. No luck getting rid of the hyper flash. I used the included resistors and even added additional resistors, no luck. I tried different resistors and no go. Too much resistance and they get dimmer. I was able to get one side to work but not the other. Baffling.

The front facing VLEDs are very bright, in fact almost too bright, but only only in the flash mode. I would have been ok with too bright though without the hyper flash.

I still experimenting with this setup. Yes, I did use the resistors in the rear.
Did you already try reprogramming the Body Control Module to turn the hyperflash off?

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/turn-si...istors-298525/
2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Limited (#3252 of 3700)
2015 BMW X1 sDrive28i M Sport
2009 A4 2.0T S-Line Avant (1-of-a-kind in US)
Retired: 08 Audi TT S-Line / 03 Ford SVT Lightning / 01 Ford SVT Lightning / 93 BMW 740iL / 90 BMW 535iM / 86 Porsche 944 Turbo / 83 Porsche 944

BMWBig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
MAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post
Did you already try reprogramming the Body Control Module to turn the hyperflash off?

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/turn-si...istors-298525/
had not heard of this until you mentioned it. After reading the thread it does not sound like a real viable alternative based on the feedback there. Sure wish it was.
MAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM