Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Anzo with different bulb

Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Anzo with different bulb

I'm a total newbie regarding headlights.... Can you use the plug and play led h7 for the anzos? I have a 2016 non led.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, if the anzo takes an h7 bulb, get the LED equivalent and run that.
The following users liked this post:
Tr5280 (06-14-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Not sure what you are asking... are you asking if you can put the LED anzos in your non-led truck... yes, you should be able to.

Are you asking if you can put an anzo H7 bulb in your truck, no, you cannot. You need an H11 for the lows or 9005 for the highs.

Can you be a bit more specific? I have a customer who is putting H7 led's in his anzo hedlights... not sure how it'll work but hopefully he lets us all know.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:31 AM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Not sure what you are asking... are you asking if you can put the LED anzos in your non-led truck... yes, you should be able to.

Are you asking if you can put an anzo H7 bulb in your truck, no, you cannot. You need an H11 for the lows or 9005 for the highs.

Can you be a bit more specific? I have a customer who is putting H7 led's in his anzo hedlights... not sure how it'll work but hopefully he lets us all know.
The anzo headlight assemblies come with h7 bulbs. Seeing if a led plug and play would work, and what would be the best plug and play for it.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Banned

Gotcha, you just sent me a PM so now I get it.

It would not be "plug and play" because I can't tell if the ballast would fit inside the housing or not. I actually have a customer (he's from this forum) who is going to be trying it. Hopefully he lets us know how it works out.

I'm also concerned with the length of the bulb (it has a fan on the back so it's longer then a halogen). It may or may not be too long... we'll have to see. A new boot may solve that, which is what I normally do for the regular headlight housings, but i'm not familiar.

My advice... let's wait and see how this customer makes out. If it works for him or not. Hopefully it works. It may require some retrofitting but it IS possible... plug and play, NOT so much.
The following users liked this post:
Tr5280 (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would the ballast need to fit in the housing? Isn't that just "in line" and you zip tie it in place? In the OPs scenario, it really just comes down to finding good h7 led bulbs to install into the housing. Am I missing something else?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Banned

On the 2015/2016 F-150's the headlight bulb is inside a housing, and then this housing is INSIDE another housing. The factory harness does not plug into the bulb it plugs into the HEADLIGHT assembly itself, there is then internal wiring for the bulb. So you actually plug the ballast into the connector WITHIN the housing. On MOST trucks you plug the ballast into the factory plug, which comes from within the engine bay. Not so on the 2015/2016... the factory plug from the engine bay goes into the side of the headlight, which is a proprietary plug, INSIDE the housing are the normal h11 and 9005 plugs.

On the anzo, it's similar. Proprietary plug that your factory harness from the engine pugs into and then inside is the headlight bulb.

HOWEVER the anzo is a projection style system i believe, sooo it's a different design INSIDE. The outter dimensions are the same, but INSIDE is all different. I don't know what is INSIDE an anzo housing. Is there a cavity to put the ballast in? I have no clue. On the factory 2015/2016 there is a cavity the ballast fits in, on the anzo... that I don't know. You could always put the ballast OUTSIDE the cavity and just put a hole in their little cover of course... but it'll take some workings to get it right. It IS possible i'm sure but may require bigger boots or something.

The bulbs that a few people have PM'd me about (and one person ordered) is a conversion kit... it's NOT just a bulb, it has a ballast. IF you could find JUST the led bulb, that might be a better fit, as no ballast, therefore no extra "stuff" to hide. You need to watch the LENGTH of the bulb as well. There ARE direct replacement LED bulbs that have no ballast, which are okay, they are not the best as far as lumens/light scatter but maybe they'll work good with the anzos... it's all a mystery now. I DO NOT have a set to test with so i'm relying on you guys with anzos who have contacted me to basically let me know how it works out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anzo with different bulb