Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Any LED replacement issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Any LED replacement issues

Has anyone had any issues with replacing the stock light bulbs with LEDs? (backup lights, cargo lights, interior lights, etc.)
Old 11-07-2016, 08:05 AM

Received 3,011 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Originally Posted by HUD11
Has anyone had any issues with replacing the stock light bulbs with LEDs? (backup lights, cargo lights, interior lights, etc.)
The only issue you'd had would be hyper flashing if you replace the directionals. That's solved with the addition of resistors.

I'd also recommend you take your time and read up and learn. Don't just buy cheep junk off eBay.

I see so many cars with those cheap LEDs. They're easy to spot because their running light / brake / signal are barely distinguishable from each other.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

I used to sell a "cheaper" brand LED but decided to switch to Diode Dynamic LEDs. They seem to be the most popular option and sell a quality product. They are a vendor on here (and that's how we picked up the brand to resell on our website).

As 2008 said read up. You'll need Load Resistors installed on anything that "flashes" or "blinks" for the most part (turn signals, brake lights).

If you check out our site we make it easy, we have all the lights you'll need broken out for you. Just pick your year and you are good to go (it's on the bottom of our site under vehicle specific).

You can always ask here if you have questions and folks like myself/2008 and other regulars will help you out.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (11-08-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 10:28 PM
KLG

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HUD11

I converted all of my interior lighting and exterior lighting (except for my HID headlights), to LEDs. That was over a year ago. The only issue I have had is the left/front amber marker light failed, otherwise all has been good.

--KLG--
Old 11-08-2016, 07:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all of the replies