Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Any issues with Cree LED Fog Light replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Any issues with Cree LED Fog Light replacement?

Was considering some Mark I's, but hoping there isn't any issue with voltages. Simple plug and play, but any problems for anyone?
Old 11-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Ewwww. Mark I? Yeah... no, don't waste your $$.

Yes, I'm a vendor and yes I compete with those guys but trust me... I tried their Mark II back in January and there is a reason 4x4TruckLEDs is a business now.

Sooo long story short. Before 4x4TruckLEDs.com was a business I had my F-150... bought some lights from "that site" and while they had great customer service, the Mark II's I bought for fogs and headlights were not great. I got water in my headlights from their Mark II kit and the fog lights didn't give me ANY light output better then factory. And that was the Mark II

Sooo I started up 4x4TruckLEDs.com and found a much better headlight kit and since they worked so well in my headlights, I tried them in the fogs and they worked AMAZINGLY.

Now, if you don't want the whole LED Conversion Kit in your fog lights, I do sell Diode Dynamic replacement LED bulbs for the fogs. They work great as well. Not as much light output but a direct swap out without a ballast hanging off the back.

Or if you want something truely amazing, check out our site for some options on fog lights.

But as I said, avoid the fog lights bulbs they have, they are not great. If you do get headlights from them because you want to, the Mark III are the same style as our XHP50 Series bulbs we sell for headlights (only as I said, the boot they give you will cause you to get water in your housing).

Or... check us out. We're a vendor here and have a great following and we really take care of our customers as well.

This is my truck when I first installed our XHP50 series lights (these are not the Mark I you talked about, but shows you what is available from us for your truck if you are in the market).

LED Headlights & Fog Lights
Old 11-09-2016, 07:02 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't waste your money I have mk2 and they look great but useless light put out. If you just want the look order some cheap amazon or ebay lights. Want real light output buy 4x4truckleds.com diode dynamics fogs
Old 11-09-2016, 09:48 PM

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/cnlight-replacement-d3s-hid-bulbs-pair/

Just wanted to confirm, is this what I'd need? I've got a 2016 with factory LED's and wasn't sure if I should do a 5k or 6k. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Just realized those don't come with ballasts as I'd need to convert them. Or should I just consider replacement?
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/ford-f-150-2015-morimoto-xb-led-fogs/
Old 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

No. You can't replace your factory LED with aftermarket (nor do I recommend that).

What exactly are you looking to do? Just fog lights? I'm guessing you have the OEM LEDs (lucky) and want the fogs to match?

You'd want our XHP Series LED Conversion Kit for the fogs... you are on the right page with the lights for the 2015+ but just look at the top for the XHP Series fog lights.

The morimotos are a popular option as well, they are expensive but it's a projection style design. The lumen output is not as much as our XHP Series though. But it might compliment your truck better (our XHP Series lights are brighter and throw more light then your OEM LEDs is why I say that, so your fogs may appear to have MORE light then your headlights whereas the morimotos don't have as much output but still offer a very nice LED system)
Old 11-10-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
No. You can't replace your factory LED with aftermarket (nor do I recommend that).

What exactly are you looking to do? Just fog lights? I'm guessing you have the OEM LEDs (lucky) and want the fogs to match?

You'd want our XHP Series LED Conversion Kit for the fogs... you are on the right page with the lights for the 2015+ but just look at the top for the XHP Series fog lights.

The morimotos are a popular option as well, they are expensive but it's a projection style design. The lumen output is not as much as our XHP Series though. But it might compliment your truck better (our XHP Series lights are brighter and throw more light then your OEM LEDs is why I say that, so your fogs may appear to have MORE light then your headlights whereas the morimotos don't have as much output but still offer a very nice LED system)

You're right, I am lucky enough to have the OEM LEDs and just wanted to fogs to match. I'm not too bent on overall light output, just even color distribution while still remaining functional. I'll check these out. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited by Purduephigam; 11-10-2016 at 12:21 PM.