Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Ambient Light Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ambient Light Questions

Hi to all! First post and I first want to thank all of you for all the great information and posts on all your mods! I am starting my mods on my new 2013 F150 Lariat ( twin turbo 6 no nav no sony). I have on order ( I think it shipped Friday) the Kicker complete stereo upgrade package including the under the driver side dash and rear under seat sub, and I am presently working on the ambient lighting kit. I purchased CL8Z-13E700-AA that arrived last week and today I purchased the complete center console from Tasca on Ebay that has the lighting cup holder ring and factory switch. I have read most of all the posts on this like the great one from formula jg, but have a wire question. The kit has 4 wires to all the led's: Red, Green, Blue, and Black. Looking at jg's post's pictures the wires coming from the LED cup holder ring are Brown, Orange, Green, and Blue. I do not want to risk messing up the LED ring at what it cost, so does anyone know what is the correct splicing color combination, such as green to green, black to brown, etc?
Thanks! Tim
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

this is quoted from another thread on another forum regarding the full install. I'll PM you the link to that forum thread. but I think this covers your question

"The wiring was simple. 4 wires. 2 were the same color. The other 2 I think were black to brown and red to orange."

Quick Reply: Ambient Light Questions