Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2015 led

Old 02-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 led

I purchased a led housing set that my local shop ordered from retrofit source. The one assembly came in damaged and the other had the drl work intermittently. Retrofit resource did not make good on it and referred my local dealer to raptoretrofit who is a third party. Mean while I'm out 1650 plus tax and install. Has anyone had trouble with retrofit resource?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

I thought raptor retrofit did everything themselves and sites (like Stage 3) bought the lights FROM raptor retrofit. I know raptor most likely buys the housings FROM Ford and then builds/buys a harness to make them a complete kit.

Just re-read your post. Sounds like your local guy bought them from retrofit source (who in turn, bought them from raptor retrofit). Sounds about right... honestly your dealer should handle all the back/forth, that's why you bought FROM HIM rather then direct. Are they making YOU deal with raptor retrofit? They should not be. They should handle any returns/issues. I'd maybe complain to raptor retrofit if they are making YOU deal with them. However IF they are dealing with them on YOUR behalf, that's normal.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vycor
I thought raptor retrofit did everything themselves and sites (like Stage 3) bought the lights FROM raptor retrofit. I know raptor most likely buys the housings FROM Ford and then builds/buys a harness to make them a complete kit.

Just re-read your post. Sounds like your local guy bought them from retrofit source (who in turn, bought them from raptor retrofit). Sounds about right... honestly your dealer should handle all the back/forth, that's why you bought FROM HIM rather then direct. Are they making YOU deal with raptor retrofit? They should not be. They should handle any returns/issues. I'd maybe complain to raptor retrofit if they are making YOU deal with them. However IF they are dealing with them on YOUR behalf, that's normal.
Yes my local guy bought from retrofit source as they assumed retrofit source made them. I went through the local guy instead as I wanted him to do the install. Retrofit source has been no help at all and local guy is actually dealing directly with raptor retrofit.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:06 AM

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

That's because TRS buys from Raptor Retrofit and resells.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by FFBoomer519
That's because TRS buys from Raptor Retrofit and resells.
I found out the hard way. My local dealer would have dealt with Raptor had he known.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:18 PM

My local shop would have dealt directly with Raptor had they known. YRS has been horrible to deal with.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Finally after a month of my local dealer working with YES, I got my replacement lamp which took over a month to resolve and many emails from my local dealer as well as myself. It would be nice to buy products from a reputable dealer that stands behind the products they sell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 led