Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2015 Headlight removal--Help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 Headlight removal--Help needed!!

I'm having a hell of a time getting the headlight assemblies removed on my XLT. It has the OEM skinny fender flares. I've seen the you tube video showing removal on our 15's without the OEM flares and that process works up to a point, that point being getting at all the screws and clips behind the flare and behind the inner wheel well.

Anybody run into this? How did you get around it? Any video link or tutorial would be welcome, as I have Xenon Depot LED's that I wanna get installed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ask Vycor that has threads here. He has experience getting these lights in/out
Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

I had already replied to darryl but for those who are looking for an answer themselves:

The video I actually went by DID have the Fender flares... actually... that's a lie, there are two videos. Basically it's pretty simple. If you got to the fender flare part, pop the bottom portion of your fender flare out, no need to remove the entire thing. Then you can pry the actual headlight "E" looking thing out (ya know what I'm talking about? That fancy looking cover that goes near/on the light and wraps around the side)

Stage 3's video shows how if you have the flares:

F150LEDs video shows without fender flare:
The following users liked this post:
darrylgibbs (02-18-2016)

Quick Reply: 2015 Headlight removal--Help needed!!