Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Lighting
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2014 STX Lighting Upgrade Question

Hi all, I just bought a 2014 STX crew cab and I'm excited to start with upgrades and add ons. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on upgrading the housing and bulbs for both the headlights and taillights. I want a blacked out and smoked look along with upgraded bulbs. I have done some looking around here and read about retrofitting and unfortunately its just too rich for my blood. Should I go with halogens or LEDs? Are there specific housings that you guys recommend? If there is something that you recommend and I didn't mention it feel free to let me know. I am eager for as much info as I can get. Sorry if any of these are stupid questions but I am new to the lighting game. I am definitely willing to do the installs and work myself. Thanks for everyone's input.
alan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
'Merica

Smoked tail lights you can pick up on here often enough from an fx4/Harley etc, or ebay from a ford dealer, if you want to pay a little more n go with LED plenty on the market as well, just cost $1-300 more, headlights I think is all up to you and what you want to spend but stay away from ebay headlights quality is let's just say not stellar. You get what you pay for, better off saving your money and going for a retro or buying stock HIDs... Hope I helped on some way.
14 Screw STX Sport Blue Flame- Stubby antennae, 15% all around, HID fogs/heads, LED interiors, FX4 tails, Bakflip F1, Weather tech digitals/vents, Pop n Lock tail gate, Viper alarm. Plasti dipped rims, and a lot more on order!
ReBeL50V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeL50V8 For This Useful Post:
alan1985 (09-03-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Is there such a thing as a high quality halo projector? I figure I'll have to upgrade the bulbs as well which is no problem (I've heard GE nighthawk platinum or Phillips Xtreme vision are the way to go). In terms of the housing/projector I was curious what a quality brand was.
alan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
'Merica

Morimoto if your going to do a retro yourself, or hella great projectors with plenty of options.
14 Screw STX Sport Blue Flame- Stubby antennae, 15% all around, HID fogs/heads, LED interiors, FX4 tails, Bakflip F1, Weather tech digitals/vents, Pop n Lock tail gate, Viper alarm. Plasti dipped rims, and a lot more on order!
ReBeL50V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 PM