Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2014 STX Headlight MOD

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 10:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2014 STX Headlight MOD

All - Let's cut to the chase, I'm a new truck owner and new to modding.

I've done some research online and on this forum and have a better idea than I did a week ago on headlights.

What I am looking for: A nice set of headlights to replace the factory ones. I want a "mean" aftermarket headlight look. I am interested in the HID projectors. OBVI I would love to get a hold of bilinvic and have him make me a set. In researching his thread, his quality and 400+ pages of posts speak for themselves.

Having said that, I have a wife and kids. The former might kill me if she knew what I spent on a set of headlights. Are there any more "fiscally conservative" options people have used on their trucks and have good reviews of?

I've been on a few sites like realtruck.com. Has anyone heard good things about their Recon or Spyder brands?

Any other suggestions?

Appreciate the input.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

There are MANY varying discussions on the Spyder/Anzo/Recon offerings. Most of those discussions are going to steer you away from purchasing them. The quality control is lacking. The projectors are subpar and you'll still have to add a good HID kit to them to have any output performance.

My suggestion? Watch the classifieds here for a set of OEM takeoffs (jump on them quick...they don't last long) OR contact one of the supporting vendors for a new set of OEM HIDs. The all black housings that you'll find on the FX trims looks pretty mean.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Don't go there

Originally Posted by AJaxz984
All - Let's cut to the chase, I'm a new truck owner and new to modding.

I've done some research online and on this forum and have a better idea than I did a week ago on headlights.

What I am looking for: A nice set of headlights to replace the factory ones. I want a "mean" aftermarket headlight look. I am interested in the HID projectors. OBVI I would love to get a hold of bilinvic and have him make me a set. In researching his thread, his quality and 400+ pages of posts speak for themselves.

Having said that, I have a wife and kids. The former might kill me if she knew what I spent on a set of headlights. Are there any more "fiscally conservative" options people have used on their trucks and have good reviews of?

I've been on a few sites like realtruck.com. Has anyone heard good things about their Recon or Spyder brands?

Any other suggestions?

Appreciate the input.
The brands you listed have been discussed at length on many threads and the conclusion is not good. If you want a good quality product that is less expensive than Bil, go with the OEM HID's from Ford. Any other aftermarket lights have proven to be less than satisfactory to anyone after a short period of time. If you want distinctive quality lights with the best output on the market, Bil is the way to go. You do get what you pay for with Bil.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I went with tuxedoblack11 and purchased a new oem set of black projectors with harness couldn't be happier looks/performs great. Personally it is the best and most reliable way to update your headlights. He is having a sale on them currently. http://www.projectoretrofits.com/app...s/show/3452261

My truck.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 STX Headlight MOD-purty.jpg   2014 STX Headlight MOD-frontshot.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Good way to go.

Quick Reply: 2014 STX Headlight MOD