Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2013 Headlight suck! Help on Aftermarkets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2013 Headlight suck! Help on Aftermarkets?

Guys Im a 100% rookie to buying aftermarket bulbs/projectors..

Hate to admit but the one true flaw I've found against my f150 is the dim headlights SUCK! I cant see a dang thing at night with them and on interstates/4 lanes I cant run brights. It honestly seems like they are no brighter than the recent chevy fog lights..

So me out guys, any links? I dont know much about them..
Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by coxhm26

Hate to admit but the one true flaw I've found against my f150 is the dim headlights SUCK! I cant see a dang thing at night with them and on interstates/4 lanes I cant run brights. It honestly seems like they are no brighter than the recent chevy fog lights..

I've not got aftermarket headlights but I've seen some people complain that some aftermarket headlights are no brighter or worse then OEM ones.

Have you considered getting the HID lights? You won't have any lighting issues with those bad boys.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Get a Retrofit of hid projectors through TuxedoBlack11 or Bilinvic, both members here! Or you can go with the Easy plug n play, 2013 OEM HiDs that come on the new trucks! I went with the 2013 hids for their simplicity!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 AM

I havent ever dealt with HIDs, I honestly wouldnt know where to start. I'd much rather go with the OEM setup, Where would I find these?

EDIT** WOW! Did not realize it would cost me $2k to install some HIDs! Im on tuxedoblacks website (no offense tux, just didnt know they were that expensive)..

Damn looks like Ill be driving blind for a while

Last edited by coxhm26; 06-04-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
0.9% is for suckers!

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts

I agree, the Ford headlights are the weakest part of the vehicle. MY last 3 SuperDuties and this F150 have such poor lighting I hate driving at night.

I don't think its the bulbs, but the headlight design itself. I always change out the Brown OEM bulbs for UltraStars or whatever, but put the same bulb in my friends Tundra and its night and day when the same exact bulb is on the F250 or F150.

I hate Ford lights.

end of rant.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonRider
I agree, the Ford headlights are the weakest part of the vehicle. MY last 3 SuperDuties and this F150 have such poor lighting I hate driving at night.

I don't think its the bulbs, but the headlight design itself. I always change out the Brown OEM bulbs for UltraStars or whatever, but put the same bulb in my friends Tundra and its night and day when the same exact bulb is on the F250 or F150.

I hate Ford lights.

end of rant.
My work truck is a f450 and you can see my lights from space! All stock too, company is too damn cheap to get sync let alone aftermarket headlights.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 128 Likes on 110 Posts

I havent ever dealt with HIDs, I honestly wouldnt know where to start. I'd much rather go with the OEM setup, Where would I find these?

EDIT** WOW! Did not realize it would cost me $2k to install some HIDs! Im on tuxedoblacks website (no offense tux, just didnt know they were that expensive)..

Damn looks like Ill be driving blind for a while
Retrofits can be done much cheaper or can cost even more, depending on which projectors are used, any custom modifications, painting, tinting, etc. If you have the time and patience, they can be done yourself. The 2013 OEM HID headlights can be had for $950 new from eBay (user 816godschild is who most buy from) then add the harness from tux on here for I think $125.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:04 AM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd just get a set of more powerful bulbs. Should be a good difference and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Just don't get HID's without bi-xeon lenses. As you will be blinding EVERYONE around you that is not driving a truck.

It's irritating when you drive a small car and there's a guy in the truck with searchlights for headlights, you may as well drive with high beams on.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by UARandy3
Retrofits can be done much cheaper or can cost even more, depending on which projectors are used, any custom modifications, painting, tinting, etc. If you have the time and patience, they can be done yourself. The 2013 OEM HID headlights can be had for $950 new from eBay (user 816godschild is who most buy from) then add the harness from tux on here for I think $125.
I'd love to go OEM HIDs right now but truth is the wallet just wont support it after paying a chunk down on the truck..

Originally Posted by User-One
I'd just get a set of more powerful bulbs. Should be a good difference and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Just don't get HID's without bi-xeon lenses. As you will be blinding EVERYONE around you that is not driving a truck.

It's irritating when you drive a small car and there's a guy in the truck with searchlights for headlights, you may as well drive with high beams on.
Think thats what im going to do, and you are correct Ive been the guy in the car cussing trucks with HIDs its not even close to sensable
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have stock on my 13 FX4 and they are bright. I have no issues with them. Do you have smoked lenses?

Quick Reply: 2013 Headlight suck! Help on Aftermarkets?