Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XLT and Heavy Duty Payload package

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default XLT and Heavy Duty Payload package

Well went to go and order an 2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew with the 6.5' bed with the HD payload and Max. Tow packages and found out you can't get both if you try to add the 302A package group. So we tried ordering just the 301A and then adding most of the stuff from the other package as add ons and found out you can't order the rearview camera. Can only get the camera when you get the chrome package. WTH!!! Dealer says he is going to look and see if the camera system can be ordered as an accessory and put it on there. And then to top it off the order allotment systems goes down and now I can't even order a truck at all till after Jan. 2. Really?!! Wish my company would just shut down its entire operations just for a annual plant shutdown!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, that sucks. Just went on the build and price today to verify that since someone mentioned it a few days ago. Sure enough.

I don't see any reason they can't put it on the HD package because they did on the 2012's and I have the cam. Maybe they missed that option when they built the site and order system.

Tough when you look forward to something and have to wait but will be worth it. I saw a black 2013 eco screw HD this weekend while traveling home for Christmas so I'm sure others have them and might be able to comment.
The following users liked this post:
atvtinker (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 12:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Buck50HD, How do like the ride of your truck? I will be going from an F-250 SuperDuty SuperCab w/8' bed down to a F-150 Supercrew w/6.5' bed. Is the ride harsh unloaded? This F-250 is horrible unloaded; makes me want to ride with a 1000lbs in back just to get a decent ride. And the price of diesel sucks right now. Can't seem to find anyone who can tell me why diesel is so high around here when it has biofuel mixed in. Prices are staying up close to $4 while gas has dropped back down to $3. I thought biofuel could be made for about a $1. Should've knocked down the price of premium diesel by more than 10 cents.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

You will defnitely notice the difference from a standard 1/2 ton but seems to be about 70% from the E tires at 60 psi. You can feel all the small stuff in the road. I have them at 40psi now for winter (don't tow heavy and better traction) and brings the ride back what I'd expect in a 1/2 ton. Off-road or when on rough roads, it feels firm and stable like a 3/4 ton but less harsh. To me, it's a good balance. The increase in stability while towing feels like they could give it more than 500lb increase in GVWR over a Max Tow. The improvement is not small.

If you were coming from a base 1/2 ton, I'd give a fair warning. Coming from an F250, nothing to worry about. You will like it.
The following users liked this post:
atvtinker (12-30-2012)

Quick Reply: XLT and Heavy Duty Payload package