Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WDH Set Up

Old 03-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default WDH Set Up

So after spending about an hour at the local weigh scale I think I got my truck & trailer dialed in good.

All weights were with 7/8 tank of fuel with me and my daughter in the truck, trailer has everything but clothes, food and water in it. I won't tow with water in or dump tanks full unless I have to.

Looks like I have about 560 lbs to spare for adding to the truck which is great. Still need to add the wife and second daughter so I think I'll be within the truck GVWR after that.

So after all the numbers I ask the more experienced ones out there do my numbers look good?? I'm happy with the way it tows after tilting my hitch head back one notch and putting a bit extra air in my rear tires.

And I have now dubbed my truck the little engine that could. The 4.6L 3V my be a baby compared to the EgoBoost or 5.0 but it did just fine at 60-65 mph. Not a speed demon by any means but 4th gear pulling up a steep hill with a good head wind and keeping it about 55 mph is fine by me.
Attached Thumbnails WDH Set Up-capture.png  
Old 03-30-2015, 12:04 PM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks pretty good. I would add back a little tongue weight (about 100#) since it looks like you are down to 600# with WDH. !3% tongue weight would get you just under 700#.

Otherwise, it seems just right for your tow vehicle.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts

I made a spreadsheet tool and posted it up here once before where you can plug all these numbers in and it will calculate all the percentages and figures for you. Might help to better illustrate how these numbers measure up:

https://www.f150forum.com/f82/traile...tility-244126/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WDH Set Up